Anyone tried TIR in Nascar Heat?

TailFlamer

Anyone tried TIR in Nascar Heat?

Post by TailFlamer »

I just gave it a try last weekend. I don't have the game, but a friend of mine loaned me his copy to try it out.

It is fantastic! Almost unbelievable. It is every bit as good in racing games as I thought it would be.

I don't even like Nascar, but I didn't want to return the game, I was having so much fun.

This is so badly needed in Formula One sims, or any road circuit racing game.

I have sent emails to every developer I can think of, that makes racing games. I haven't heard much back except from West. They said they would like to add support to Racing Legends.

I ordered Grand Prix Legends (because there is is a patch to use TIR in it) about 2 months ago, I think I was ripped off though. I haven't received my game, nor have they replied to any of my emails. Oh well, it was only $20.

Anyway, I like racing sims as much as flight sims, and now that I have had a chance to try it, I'm hooked! I hope more game makers will start including the .dll in their games. It adds so much to them. If anyone else feels the same, please drop a line to some of the game devs. I have been on ISI/EASports (F1 Career Challenge) pretty hard. Help me out!!!

Thanks.
Hotdognz

Re: Anyone tried TIR in Nascar Heat?

Post by Hotdognz »

I would love to find Nascar Heat but here un the UK its very hard to find, anyone know where I could order it online.

TailFlamer did you try it with the Nascar Heat patch that enabled TIR, if so what was the head movment like ??.

Also if you want GPL I could get you a copy here in the UK and post it too you as it can be brought for �4.99 here in the shops, it works great now with the new GPLshift 0.58 patch

Another game (well demo actually) to try is Live For Speed as it also now works with TIR and is awsome fun.

Follow the links in this thread
http://forums.naturalpoint.com/cgi-bin/ ... 6;t=000017

If you send me a copy of your emails to Racing developers Tailflamer, or at least the email address of who you have emailed, Ill put my name too them and send them to the devs too.

Send to hotdognz@freeuk.com

ThomasH anything you need help with re Track IR or if I can help in anyway re gaetting TIR into sims just email me also or post here
ThomasH

Post by ThomasH »

Cool you like it! Yes, it works very good! I was fortunate enough to be able to work it in.

(Needed more games for use in my article )

I have found that manny flight simmers also uses driving games. And I will explain everything in more detail later. True dedicated is almost a "must" though. However, it still adds to the experience even if not working perfectly as with only "mouse support"

[ March 13, 2003, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: ThomasH ]
TailFlamer

Post by TailFlamer »

Hi guys.

ThomasH, I agree it would be best to have it dedicated, like IL-2 FB now is.

Hotdognz, thanks for the offer, but they now tell me it is backordered, and I should be getting it in a few more weeks. Who knows.

Yes I did use the patch to make NH have mouse look. It work fairly well. The view will pan a few degrees up an down. Maybe 160-170 R/L, something like that. It works better than the Live for Speed demo. The only trouble I really had was when starting a race the view wouldn't be centered, so I would have to use the mouse to center it. Then it worked pretty well.

I will try to get you some addresses. I had 4 or 5, but I had to format my HDD not too long ago, and I forgot to save them. I should be able to find them again. One of them was for LFS, but we now have mouse look, don't know about ture support for TIR, but I sent them NaturalPoints address. Papy, in case they make a CART or F1 sim or something. ISI and EA. CodeMasters, West, seems like there are one or two more. I'll let you know.
ThomasH

Post by ThomasH »

Yeah, the support in Nascar Heat is pretty good (mousellok). lets you look around well enough).

There seams to be abit of trouble finding NH heat if in europe. I have not a link as of know. Though if looking hard enough, I�m sure you�ll find it. It has several really good mods for it (mines not included )

Just, that it currently has a really good mouselo9ok support, and using a trackIR device, it would be ashame if not being able to test it, if liking driving simulators.

Very soon though, there will be a feature on that at www.bhmotorsports.com where you will be able to read and look at afew movies using the device with NH among a few others
honda346

Post by honda346 »

I'd like trackIR support in NASCAR 2003 from Papyrus but I've asked on their forum also with no luck... With them leaving to console games I doubt we'll ever get it...