trackIR and EA`s F1 2002 (and its MODs)

SuperFreak

trackIR and EA`s F1 2002 (and its MODs)

Post by SuperFreak »

Is TrackIR available in EA`s F1 2002?
There are many great MODs of F1 2002, so it looks like worth to make it under this game.
GTR 2002, BPR Endurance GT, F1 1995, Turbo MOD. BMW M3 MOD, IOR MOD, etc. are waiting for this challenge...

Thanks.
Hotdognz

Re: trackIR and EA`s F1 2002 (and its MODs)

Post by Hotdognz »

Unless some one codes some sort of Mouse look into one of there Mods or can code the required code from TIR for Absolute mode into there Mods then we are out of luck. Remember that its up to the game developers of Mod developers to add the code that is needed, the TIR guys can only chat and help with code for game developers who are intrested in getting TIR support in there games.
TailFlamer

Post by TailFlamer »

Hi.

Please go here and request it.

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~hg/forum/v ... 797369f57d

There are people there that might be able to write this in, but IF they will is another question. I would love to see it in F1. I begged for it in the new on coming out next week, but I don't think it is in it.

There is a trick to have your view pan with steering input, it's an easy edit. I feel sure that the cockpit cam could be made to work with 'mouse look', but 'absolute' would be much better.

Someday everybody is going to catch on to TIR for race sims, just like for flight sims now. For me F1 would be the perfect race game to have it in, but so far nothing. I wish I knew how to write the code for it myself.
ThomasH

Post by ThomasH »

You and me both...
Hotdognz

Post by Hotdognz »

EA F1 Career Challenge which is basicaly F1 2002 with lots of stuff added in and also covering 4 seasons says it supports head tracking softwear, anyone have any info on this or have the game and tried it with Track IR Jim/Halstead do you know anything about this game supporting your heardwear ?? (BTW the game has just be released.

Here is a link to whats in F1 Career Challange has new in it

http://www.murchisons.net/f1/layout/its ... 206-03.htm

Check under the gamplay section towards the end of the list 5 bullets up from the end of the list.
TailFlamer

Post by TailFlamer »

Looks like all my begging might have paid off, lets hope this does in fact mean support for TIR. I will be in heaven if it does.

I don't think it is coming out until next week, everything I have seen says the 23rd. I will let you know if TIR does work in it though, just as soon as I get my hands on it.
Hotdognz

Post by Hotdognz »

Geez these ISI must have there head stuck up there arse or dont read there emails (which I sent them about TIR) anyway headtracking it looks like is only available for the old VFX VR Helmet and they disappered about 5 years ago. Mind you at least they had the thought for head tracking so may be if Jim & Healsted get in touch with them they maybe able to get TIR support out in a 3rd party MOD as they have built in certain features into F1 CC to make it very modable.
TailFlamer

Post by TailFlamer »

Yeah, I just found out.

Seems silly to have support for a device that is no longer available.

Surely there is a way to get TIR to work in this new game, although it will probably not work right out of the box.

We really need to be able to look around with free view panning in this game. It sounds like this will be the best racing sim to date, but not having control of the view will really leave me wanting. I don't think it would be all that hard to add mouse look at the least, even if it doesn't have direct support for TIR. Surely with the possibility to have the view turn with the steering, it should be possible to have it move with the mouse. I would rather have true support for TIR, but I would take mouse look, (it worked okay in IL-2, not as good as FB, but it did work).

It wopuldn't be so bad if the VFX thing were still available, but as it is, well, I just think it is a silly feature, (unless this will help get TIR into the game).

Oh well, thanks for trying so hard. Please keep it up, maybe someday soon we will finally get it in.
frentzen2000

Post by frentzen2000 »

It would be great to have an official statement from Natural point!! Does it work and if not, is there something going on, that it will work later on???

Thanks for response and best regards

HHF

PS: And yes, it is totaly stupid from ISI to support a device that doesn�t exist anymore
Halstead York

Post by Halstead York »

We are in active discussions with ISI about their new F1 game. They have a trackIR and are looking into enhanced support.

More information as it comes...