Support for Nascar 2003 and F1C

dradecki

Re: Support for Nascar 2003 and F1C

Post by dradecki »

According to some of the other websites (or take this as heresay) the development team at ISI has say that all current efforts are to be directed towards the delivery of Nascar 2004. It looks like it will support TrackIR. Unfortunately all their Nascar games have compared weakly to what Papyrus has produced. So as far as that game goes I am definately holding off.

David Radecki
TailFlamer

Post by TailFlamer »

Hi all.

There is a device that does this already. It's called Cymouse, but it is my understanding that it isn't near as smooth or precise as TIR is. Once TIR support gets into Nascar Thunder, it will probably be easy to port over to F1C.

Don't worry too much about NT2004 not being any good Dradecki, it may turn out better than NR03. It already has better GFX and incar adjustable brake bias and cowl flaps (I believe), so it is becoming more of a sim than NR03. Got to remember F12000 wasn't all that good either, but look at were it has gone with F1C, the best race sim to date!

And having support for TIR is also a major plus in it's favor. I tried to get Papy intersted in TIR when NR03 was being developed, but like the brake bias adjustment and cowl flaps, they just looked the other way. Sure they added some nice GFX to the sun and windshield, but left out very badly needed "Simulation" features, and yes I consider TIR a "sim" feature. Thankfully ISI is thinking about how to improve the "Simulation" aspect of their game. I'm glad to see that myself, since simulations are my main genre, both flight and racing.
Halstead York

Post by Halstead York »

We are actively working with EA on support for both of these sims. I hope to offer good news soon.
frentzen2000

Post by frentzen2000 »

what about the support for F1C 99 -02??
Does this project died??
Thanks for feedback and best regards
HHF
TailFlamer

Post by TailFlamer »

I still haven't heard anything positive about this. I may get a Cymouse, since things seem to have stopped as far as support for TIR goes.

I hate to spend the money on another head tracking device, but I really need to be able to look at the mirrors from time to time. A button to "Look Back" is a ticket to disaster in a F1 game.

Sure would like to hear what's going on

BTW, I would be glad to help with any beta testing that might be needed, for F1C.
ThomasH

Post by ThomasH »

We really need some good news in the racing department, since it seams like LFS has dropped all intentions to support it nativly (it does support it via mouslook, and being good at it too though, compared to "none" sadly.)

Seams nothing much for me to write a review on at the moment, but the "blind" will be lead the blind, and soon enough, I hope,,,speaking from real experience..."blind" will be let in also

[ November 10, 2003, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: ThomasH ]
TailFlamer

Post by TailFlamer »

Hi guys

It works in the NT2004 demo, but not very well. It isn't smooth in mouse emulate mode. It moves the pointer in the games menu very well and smooth, but when I go to the car, it is very jerky and jumps to spots instead of panning to them. The mouse look works well and smooth, like any FPS game, but TIR will not move the camera with the same smoothness the mouse does.

I used TIR in IL-2 back in the 1st one as a mouse emulation and it worked quite well and very smooth, just the problem of returning to center at times was all that was wrong. But in NT, I can't get the same smoothness at all. In fact it is useless like it is.

Now I'm still using the 2.11 (I think it is) software (the last version before the one that came out a few weeks ago). Maybe the newest will help. I will have to try it soon and see.

I spent some time fooling around with the setting some, but didn't make any improvement at all.

Has anyone got it working correctly in NT2004? If so, what are your settings and what software version are you using, please.

Also, does anyone know how to port over the NT2004 mouse look into F1C? Of course if it can't be made to work smoothly there is no reason to do it, but since the mouse does work right, I have a feeling that TIR should be able to work too. And then, if it can be made smooth, I would like to take whatever file makes the mouse look work from NT and put it in F1C.

Any help or suggestions are welcome.
KyleStevens

Post by KyleStevens »

Hi, TailFlamer:

How did you get TIR/TIR2 mouse/freelook to work in Nascar Thunder 2004? I have the full game, but didn't see anywhere in the .plr file how to enable it.

Is TIR/TIR2 support only for the NT4 demo?

Thanks in advance,

TT
TailFlamer

Post by TailFlamer »

Hi

In the PLR file (Save, Your Name, and Your Name again), you will see this line

Fidelity Unilateral Neutralizer="1"

By default it is disabled with a "0", change it to a "1" like above.

Then when you are in the car hit the "/" key on the 'Numberpad' and mouse look will be on.

Hope this helps.

[ November 19, 2003, 06:16 AM: Message edited by: TailFlamer ]
KyleStevens

Post by KyleStevens »

TailFlamer,

Okay, the 3.x drivers work well, the freelook/mouselook is smooth.

The only thing I can't get to work is F12 to re-center the view; I have to press "/" twice to disable/re-enable.

Hopefully there's a key assignment in the .plr file or something, or perhaps something I can assign in the game?

Keep drivin'....

TT