question about nr2003

mak4life

question about nr2003

Post by mak4life »

I am thinking of ordering, but need to know a sure answer if and how good trackir works in nr2003. Thanks
howard motz

Re: question about nr2003

Post by howard motz »

I got it working in NR2003. Works good enough for me to use during online racing. However It is a bugger to get running and ajusted. But then I've only got medium computer savey. Once configured it holds its settings pretty good. I just need to reverse the axis in the Natural Point utility each time I play NR2003. I did't at first? You'll need 2 second party utilities to get it working. Thier link is above in the NR2003 and F1c topic. They are PPJoy and TackIR2joystick. If I had to rate this hardware on a scale of 1-10 for driving sims. I'd give it 7-8.
TailFlamer

Post by TailFlamer »

Hi

It works in NR03, but not nearly as well as it does in F1C. In F1C/NT04 it is smooth and very natural feeling in it's use. In NR03 it isn't as smooth and you can only look right and left, not up and down, so that makes it feel odd and un-natural.

Both F1C and NT04 have far more possibilities for view control and adjustment than NR03 has, so that makes TIR use in those games quite a bit better.

Bottom line, it works, but to really show it off in a race sim, you should use it in F1C/NT04. In either F1C or NT04 I rate it a 10, a must have, just like in flight sims. Once you use it a bit in either of these games, you won't want to drive a race game without it. The experience is unbelieveable

[ May 15, 2004, 07:41 PM: Message edited by: TailFlamer ]
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Guys,

I have personally not tried NR2003.
Are you using the PPJoy system or the TrackMapper utility?

I have been using TrackMapper in F1 Challenge and also in the ETCC mod for that game with no problems.

I am working hard to get more support in Driving Simulator games. I cant say too much right now, but we are looking into some cool games that are coming up.