enhanced mode in LFS?

Mounthy

enhanced mode in LFS?

Post by Mounthy »

hi,

there are any plans for enhanced mode in Life for speed?

the game atm. provides mouse look and any analog axis for the view.
it would be very nice if its also provides the enhanced mode.
duno whats needed therefor, but the LFS- devs always open for new features.

thx
mounthy
Wayne

Re: enhanced mode in LFS?

Post by Wayne »

Mounthy,

Not right this minute, however we are always keen to look at new games especially when there is enough interest.

Do you mean "Live for Speed"?

Not making any promises here, so let me just say that I will have a look.
Rushman

Post by Rushman »

You guys sound like you are not aware of the TIR2joy and PPJoy combo. If you guys are, then my bad...

If not, take a close look at this thread (in this forum, even):
http://forums.naturalpoint.com/cgi-bin/ ... 000013;p=2

It mentions N2003 and F1C, but it should work for LFS, though I haven't tried it, and what I've been reading says it might be a bit sensitive. But the bottom line is you can use TIR2, and I guess now TIR3, with any game that has mouse look and connect it to TIR2/3 in Enhanced mode.

Rushman
Mounthy

Post by Mounthy »

damn, the letters on my keyboard always change their place,
sure i mean live for speed

there were some guys in the official forum they try TrackIR,
but they wasn`t very happy because there was no option to set the axis linearity and they lose the center view.
so the enhanced mode would make it perfect and interesting for me.

thx for info Rushman,
i try to follow the tread and the links to other treads at RSC and the hompage of tir2joy.
and get lost, through my bad english.

works the view centering like the same as in enhanced mode?
as i understand you set up TIR2joy and PPJoy and it works then with the enhanced mode quote: ..what I've been reading says it might be a bit sensitive..how could this be? does the deadzone and linarity adjustment not work?

is there a way to test the functions from TIR2joy and PPJoy combo without TIR? with mouse or camera?

thx for helping me out

[ June 11, 2004, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: Mounthy ]
Rushman

Post by Rushman »

Your understanding of what I said is correct, and what I did say should knock the socks off anyone who wishes they had Enhanced Mode for any game that has mouse look but doesn't account for TIR even existing.

In fact, even if the game does not support mouse look but has a left/right look axis, TIR2Joy and PPjoy works for that too in Enhanced mode.

You cannot test the concept without the TIR hardware because the TIR2Joy exe engages your TIR2 with your mouse, and dare I say it again, in Enhanced mode, meaning that it remembers the center point.

So, TIR2Joy engages your mouse to the TIR2 hardware (yes, in Enhanced mode) and the PPjoy exe makes that into another joystick axis that any game can recognise.

The sensitivity question I cannot personally speak to with LFS, but you do get all of the adjustment capabilities that come with the TIR2 product.

Many thanks to Harle who is the author of TIR2Joy and the other important person who authored PPJoy.

Rushman
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Rushman is correct this option works very well, we dont have the video up on the website yet, but we have just finished F1 Challenge which should be up shortly.

A exceptionally good site for all your mods is Blachole Motorsports

If anyone has any problems setting PPJoy up then please let me know, I will be only to glad to help.