TrackIR-3Pro & GTR 2002

marius

TrackIR-3Pro & GTR 2002

Post by marius »

Hi everybody,
Can anybody tell me if TrackIR 3Pro is working in GTR 2002 ( f1 2002 by EA Sports ) ?

Thank You!
-----
Asus a7n8x deluxe 2.0
AMD XP 2500+ Barton ( 11x200 )
Thermaltake Volcano11+
2x512 DDR400 Mushkin
Asus GeForce FX5900 TD
WD JB40 7200rpm
Antec TruePower 430
Logitech MOMO Force + ACT Labs Performance Pedals & Shifter
Samsung SyncMaster 959NF
eDimensional wired glasses
Wayne

Re: TrackIR-3Pro & GTR 2002

Post by Wayne »

marius,

you should be able to use your TrackIR in enhanced mode by using the PPJoy system in very much the same way as F1 Challenge.
marius

Post by marius »

Thank you very very much Wayne!
Now I'll have to find a way to buy it from Romania...
Charvel

Post by Charvel »

I thought I'd give GTR a try but apparantly it doesn't expect anyone to have more than two control devices plugged in at any one time so I couldn't use my rudder pedals.

My control ID's are as follows:

1) Joystick
2) CH Pro Throttle
3) CH Pro Pedals
4) Steering wheel

I imagine there's some way to mess around with an .ini file or something but I'm not sure I can be arsed to do so.

Maybe when the full version comes out with Absolute mode.
marius

Post by marius »

As they say, in F1 2002, the TrackIR device can be used through an independent user program called "TrackMapper", or the PPJoy system .
I didn't try yet but I hope...

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/games/allgames.html

Thanks for reply Charvel!
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Charvel,

There was an earlier thread about this, but so far I have been unable to have more than two joysticks and of course one of these being PPJoy.

I have read somewhere else of someone being able to do this, but for the life of me I can not think where. Let me look back through my e-mails on monday.

marius,

You can use TrackMapper, which would solve the problem however the views snap to the view that you want, where as PPjoy is smooth and progressive in its responce.
marius

Post by marius »

I got the idea Wayne, thanks!
Rushman

Post by Rushman »

Wayne, are you referring to Peter Dikant's post in another thread ? :
quote:Originally posted by Peter Dikant:
Finally there is a solution for folks who need to use more than 2 joystick devices in F1 Challenge. This is particulary usefull if you want to use the TrackIR headtracking device together with seperate pedals and / or shifter.

Deon van der Westhuysen has just released an addon for his virtual joystick driver which is a joystick mixer. It can mix the axes of multiple joysticks into one virtual joystick device. Go to http://ppjoy.uni.cc and download the PPJoy drivers version 0.8. Then grab the PPJoyjoy utility at http://www.dikant.de. You can find the PPJoyJoy utility currently only at my website, but it will be included in the next release of the PPJoy driver.Please let me know if he or anyone else has been successful in gettting 3 devices to work in F1C99-02 under XP.

Here's what I put in another thread to explain the problem I'm running into:

quote:Originally posted by Rushman:

The theory sounded great with the inclusion of the new program PPJoyJoy, but there's still one problem that I cannot get around, and that's being able to change Controller ID's in WinXP. At least I think that would solve it.

This problem stems from the fact that F1C does not recognise more than 2 controllers, and those Controller ID's must be 1 and 2. If you already have 2 controllers in the game, like I do (ActLabs Performance Clutch [ID 1] and ActLabs Wheel/ Performance Pedal Combo [ID 2]), then adding in the TIR2joystick as a 3rd controller doesn't work.

That's where PPJoyJoy is supposed to come in. It does combine joysticks as advertised, for instance, the clutch pedal and the TIR2joystick as Virtual Joystick 1, but I have not been able, in XP, to alter it's Controller ID from 3 to 1 or 2. And setting ID 3 (Virtual Joystick 1) to 'Preferred Joystick' status under Advanced in XP's Controller Panel does nothing.

Anyone know how to change controller ID's in XP?

RushmanThanks,
Rushman
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Rushman,

Yes I was.
I am looking into what can be done, so far i have not been able to have more than two joysticks at the same time.

I will e-mail Peter Dikant and see if there could be any clarification on how to do this
dumpeal

Post by dumpeal »

Marius I can confirm to you that F1 2002 and GTR2002 work very well with trackir like F1 challenge do it. You can trusting me : it's working !