TrackIR-3Pro & GTR 2002

Tarquin

Re: TrackIR-3Pro & GTR 2002

Post by Tarquin »

Hey Charvel if you are refering to GTR (not GTR 2002) then you should be able to use Track IR without a problem. Even if you have multiple USB controllers plugged in.

The GTR Demo allows Track IR support and although the Absolute mode will only be available in the full game you can use Absolute mode if you also use PPJoy and TIR2Joy. You will then have to assign Look Left/Right/Up and Down to your head movement. If you don't want to do that just use Mouse Emulation Mode, within the controller setup there are two actions ready for use with Track IR (one key to activate/de-activate and another to recentre)

There is no need to reassign controller ID's for GTR it seems to support as many controllers as Windows can? The controller ID problem is for the MOD - GTR 2002 for EA's F12002, and all other F1 games from EA.

I hope you will be able to drag that steering wheel from under your desk and stop it collecting any more dust.
Charvel

Post by Charvel »

quote:Originally posted by Tarquin:
Hey Charvel if you are refering to GTR (not GTR 2002) then you should be able to use Track IR without a problem. Even if you have multiple USB controllers plugged in.

The GTR Demo allows Track IR support and although the Absolute mode will only be available in the full game you can use Absolute mode if you also use PPJoy and TIR2Joy. You will then have to assign Look Left/Right/Up and Down to your head movement. If you don't want to do that just use Mouse Emulation Mode, within the controller setup there are two actions ready for use with Track IR (one key to activate/de-activate and another to recentre)

There is no need to reassign controller ID's for GTR it seems to support as many controllers as Windows can? The controller ID problem is for the MOD - GTR 2002 for EA's F12002, and all other F1 games from EA.

I hope you will be able to drag that steering wheel from under your desk and stop it collecting any more dust. Ah, my bad I am referring to GTR (insert self-hammering smilie here) not GTR2002. Also, I have no problems getting TIR to work well enough with NP's profile even though the absolute mode isn't in the demo. It's more a problem with the number of devices I have.

I'll wait for the release I guess and see if it's still an issue. If not I may end up blowing the dust off the wheel and giving driving sims a go now that one supports TIR.
Peter Dikant

Post by Peter Dikant »

Forget my last post, it is not working
Rushman

Post by Rushman »

Whatever problem you ran into Peter, I ran into it too. (I'm assuming no matter how you arranged your controllers in PPJoyJoy, 'default controller' made no difference to what ID's XP recognised.)

I gave up and just got from EBay the old style ForceRS shifter and shifter sleeve with the 'newer' 2.1 USB catridge. Now I have the whole Act-Labs shebang (wheel, shifter, performance pedals with clutch) together as one controller ID WITH the all important split gas/brake axis. Works like a charm with my TIR2 and the EA F1C Mods. Finally.

Warning to you guys thinking of the same solution. The 2.1 cartridge reduces the wheel's accuracy by a large margin (I think by a factor of 10) and CAN be felt by the more discerning simmers. I can't really feel the difference so I'm happy as a clam, but just so you know.

Rushman
Peter Dikant

Post by Peter Dikant »

Hm, just a suggestion. There is a Microsoft Knowledge Base article about issues with games not recognizing a Joystick:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.as ... -US;191849

They say that in XP you can specify a default device. So maybe it could work if you map your wheel, pedals and trackir to one single PPJoyJoy device which then should work in GTR2002. I think this might work.