Enhanced TrackIR for Grand Prix Legends

sp3tt3rpik

Re: Enhanced TrackIR for Grand Prix Legends

Post by sp3tt3rpik »

Lol, thanks for the info...

I guesse I'm having a different kind of problem... After installing the newest version of GPLshift the TrackIR still doesn't work.

I believe I'm having an other kind of problem with my TrackIR 3 PRO...
JSJ

Post by JSJ »

quote:Originally posted by sp3tt3rpik:
Lol, thanks for the info...

I guesse I'm having a different kind of problem... After installing the newest version of GPLshift the TrackIR still doesn't work.

I believe I'm having an other kind of problems with my TrackIR 3 PRO...Please let me know if you have any problem
with GPLshift+ v0.601

JSJ

[ January 17, 2005, 04:24 AM: Message edited by: JSJ ]
Rodolfo

Post by Rodolfo »

Same problem here:
New trackIR 3 pro is working fine with GTR, but not with GPL with gplshift 0.601. I edited 1.tir, but no effort. GPL is starting and I can drive, but without headtracking.

In trackIR I choosed the GPL and the GTR profile, but GPL won't have headtracking.

(My old trackIR2 with gplshift0.5xx worked fine.)

Thank you in advance for your help
Rolf
JSJ

Post by JSJ »

quote:Originally posted by Rolf:
Same problem here:
New trackIR 3 pro is working fine with GTR, but not with GPL with gplshift 0.601. I edited 1.tir, but no effort. GPL is starting and I can drive, but without headtracking.

In trackIR I choosed the GPL and the GTR profile, but GPL won't have headtracking.

(My old trackIR2 with gplshift0.5xx worked fine.)

Thank you in advance for your help
RolfDo you see the TrackIR blue light when starting GPL/GEM ?

JSJ
Rodolfo

Post by Rodolfo »

I found the problem with GPL yesterday evening: It wasn't GPL or gplshift! Some days ago I installed the Monaco Rocks beta 2 update and this big update blocked trackIR in working. All the other tracks are fine.

JSJ (as fast as ever) is informed and will try that graphics update.

Rolf
JSJ

Post by JSJ »

quote:Originally posted by Rolf:
I found the problem with GPL yesterday evening: It wasn't GPL or gplshift! Some days ago I installed the Monaco Rocks beta 2 update and this big update blocked trackIR in working. All the other tracks are fine.

JSJ (as fast as ever) is informed and will try that graphics update.

RolfHello Rolf

I have now tested GPL 1.2.0.2 US/UK/GE with Monaco beta2 (monaco_rocks_2.0beta.zip)
in training/Single mode, JF_Carset 1.2/Gem Carset65 on the desktop (1280x1024/16bit)
in a window (800x600) and GEM+ 2.21, and I have no problems with TrackIR Look L/R
Up/Dw w/GPLshift+ v0.601!

Windows Task Manager/Process: ("Jobliste/Processer" in danish) (pressed CTRL+ALT+DEL)

GPL w/Monaco 169/176 MB memory (Monza 78MB)
GPL tags 20-29% CPU power in training mode
(Pentium 4 HT 3.0GHz/512MB mem/Radeon 9800 XXL video card/WinXP Home Danish SP2)

TrackIR Software 4.00.021 7.8MB mem.

JSJ
Rodolfo

Post by Rodolfo »

Hi JSJ,
yesterday, I made another test and found out, that it has to do with graphic power. Even in Monza or Nuerburgring, when I am standing in the pits with all the other cars, the headtracking isn't smooth. I think, my Monaco problem is because of the big number of graphics in the track.

Maybe, I have a setting in core.ini, that has to do with this problem, this evening I will begin to search for this entry.

Thank you again JSJ
Rolf
Tommy Trauma

Post by Tommy Trauma »

I posted this question over on RSC and JSJ was kind enough to reply. But his solution didnt work. I'm running V.E. and the 4.0.20 drivers, and it seems to work fine in GPL. The problem is I can't assign a hotkey to my middle left button of my Momo Force wheel. Theres something in GTR that will allow me to do this as the middle left wheel button is my "recenter" button. In the GTR/plr file it is assigned a number which is: Control - Center TrackIR="(1, 46)" even though my recenter hotkey is still assigned as the F11 in the GTR profile of the V.E. I tried that number for GPL and it didn't work. JSJ suggested trying numbers below 1.16 as GPL wont support higher numbers. I think the problem is in my GPL profile .xml file. It shows the assignments as:
<HotKeys>
<Key Type="0" virtualKeyCode="122" Enable="1" Toggle="1" Trap="1" />
<Key Type="1" virtualKeyCode="120" Enable="1" Toggle="1" Trap="1" />
<Key Type="2" virtualKeyCode="119" Enable="1" Toggle="1" Trap="1" />
I even went as far as to just create a GPL profile with an exact duplicate of my GTR profile thinking it would copy all assignments right over to GPL. I guess maybe GPL wont allow this due to the age of the sim. As of now I have my recenter assigned to the "B" key and may just have to use it. Even though I have to lean forward to reach it, and by the time I get leaned back to drive it throws my recenter off and way to the back of the cockpit.
And JSJ, no need to apologise for your english. We all appreciate what you have done for GPL with your 7.0 version and can understand you just fine. At least I haven't walked into the grocery store "lately" with my vector clip on muhahaha.
Sorry for my Danish, I am American lol
Mark#72

Post by Mark#72 »

I've tried it in GPL, and it really rocks! But I've some issues: at the start of the pratice sessions, or when I start the race (so, when there are a lot of cars on the screen) the light of TrackIR turns off, the vector doesn't function, and if I try to move the head, the graphics freeze: so I've to wait until only a few number of cars are displayed, and in that case the track IR restarts to function well.

Any tip? Maybe it doesn't work with a too complex graphics in GPL?
JSJ

Post by JSJ »

Hi Mark#72

Do you have a slower PC?
W2K or WinXP?
Videocard?

JSJ

[ March 02, 2005, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: JSJ ]