Track IR 5 Profiles

skyseek

Re: Track IR 5 Profiles

Post by skyseek »

So I installed Seth’s profile using it for MSFS 2020.

It has improved very well. Although I still get flutters with very slight movements, which makes it hard to set instruments AP settings with the mouse, etc

Should I continue to tweak the speed and smooth settings?

Right now I toggle off the Track IR 5 when I need to set AP settings, etc Is that what most Track IR 5 users do? Or do most users use external controls?

Thanks!
skyseek

Post by skyseek »

Also, I noticed an issue. Once you load Track IR 5 and when you launch MSFS 2020, the track disappears from the system tray. After I exit MSFS 2020, I have to load task manager and kill TrackIR 5.

Thanks!
skyseek

Post by skyseek »

Just following up.
Thanks
skyseek

Post by skyseek »

Just following up.
Thanks
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello skyseek,

I apologize for the delay in response. Do you currently have "Minimize to System Tray", "Automatically Minimize On TrackIR Enhanced Title Launch", or "Run Minimized" checked in the TrackIR settings? Please note that if you have a lot of programs running, you may need click on the up arrow or ^ symbol (it should say Show Hidden Icons when you hover over it) to expand the system tray to see the TrackIR icon.

As for your other question, I found this post that describes how some other users handle the situation by creating multiple profiles: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/tr ... /127264/23

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative
skyseek

Post by skyseek »

Thanks….

You still didn’t address the flutter problems I am having. It
is like strobe flickering.

I posted the issue on the AVSim forum, some responses indicated that it was due to light interference ie back lighting.

I tested in a completely dark room and the flutters are strong still there. Is there was some way I could send you a video? You would see it on the xy graph. It is annoying!
I am getting pretty frustrated!

Thanks for any help!
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello skyseek,

A video would be very helpful. Are you able to take a video, upload it to a site like Youtube, and share the link? If you prefer, you can also submit a support ticket through our website: https://www.trackir.com/help. This will create a case where we can email back and forth to troubleshoot more efficiently.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative