Elite Dangerous not detecting TrackIR

loothifer

Elite Dangerous not detecting TrackIR

Post by loothifer »

I've been running TrackIR 5 for awhile now, but for some reason Elite Dangerous will not detect it. The tracking works fine in TrackIR's software, and other applications like DCS detect TrackIR as well -- but even though the TrackIR software shows a blue light while Elite Dangerous is running, for some reason Elite does not detect any input from it.

I have dug through forums for days now, and tried various solutions others reported:
Uninstalling and reinstalling both with most current updates.
Moving both installs to the C drive.
running both TrackIR and Elite with administrator privileges, and all permutations of elevated privilege.
Installing TrackIR with elevated privilege.
Disabling system security.
plugging the TrackIR camera into a motherboard's USB.

There are other hail mary's I have tried beyond that, but nothing has worked. I am at a loss for things to try, but I simply dont understand how applications handle control inputs well enough to debug it beyond this point. Is there some way we can use the device VID and PID to get Elite to see it perhaps? Any insight about this process would be very helpful.
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Elite Dangerous not detecting TrackIR

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello loothifer,

When you say you moved both installs to the C drive, did you reinstall them there from scratch in the default folder, or did you move them some other way? After reinstalling the TrackIR software, did you update the games list?

I found this forum post, which talks about both installing the programs in their default directories and removing the bindings folder for Elite: Dangerous: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/t ... te.546185/

You may also want to reach out to the developer for Elite: Dangerous to see if they have any tips on troubleshooting how their game is using the TrackIR data.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative