TrackIR won't start properly and can't be closed anymore

_Michi_

TrackIR won't start properly and can't be closed anymore

Post by _Michi_ »

Hi guys,

I'm using TrackIR for several years now without an issue.
Since a few days I have a big Problem with the device.
When I start the software, nothing happens. If I check the task manager, there is an instance of the program running.
It can't be closed via the task manager and if I shut down the computer the software won't allow it and the computer will go in energy save mode.
I can only shut the system off if I press the button on my computer. Afterwards everything is working fine, accept the TrackIR software.
I can get TrackIR to run if I unplug the camera and run the software as administrator and then plug the camera bag in.
But I still have the problem that I can't close the TrackIR software afterwards.

I already went back to an old NVIDIA driver but still have the same problem.
I think the problem accured after i update my Windows 10 to the latest version.

Do you experience similar problems, or even do the devs know about this problem?
It seems I'm not the only one having problems recently.

Thanks for the help.
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: TrackIR won't start properly and can't be closed anymore

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello _Michi_,

We have heard of a few other people having a similar issue recently, and we have not been able to identify yet what is causing the problem. It may be related to the Windows update or the update of some other software or utility that is part of Windows. Would you please reach out to us via our contact form (https://www.trackir.com/help)? I'd like to gather some details about your computer so I can escalate this issue to our engineering team.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative