f1c - trackir newbie

chrobis

f1c - trackir newbie

Post by chrobis »

Please tell me it gets better.

My installation: TrackIR3Pro (software v3.13); Win 98se (disallows v 4 software); TrackIR 2 Joystick Converter, (v 1.2) ; PPJoy virtual Joystick, (v0.83.0.000)

I've got the virtual joystick configured to trap left/right motions as buttons 1 & 2, which are mapped as 'analog 0 min' and 'analog 0 max, respectively. (It also has up to 8 axes, up to 16 buttons, and up to 2 POV hats; all enabled but unconfigured - the above '2 button' configuration is the first one that I found that I could map all of the way through to the game's interface.)

Here's my situation: I can configure the game's look left / look right to use my head motions, but there is no variable panning - just switches for 'look left' / 'look right'. This is messing with my driving, big time.

Here's my wish: can the game be configured to support variable panning via the TrackIR as it does with its look-ahead capabilities?

Moneys' tight, and I've been putting it into hardware, but if XP (and the ability to use the latest version of the native TrackIR software) is the fix, so be it.

Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone can provide, although this could put my employment in jepardy and I will hold you personally responsible (;-).

- Chris
ps - I'm building a home arcade, and am looking for additional f1c licenses. All my local stores are out, as is eastore.com. Any suggestions?
Rushman

Re: f1c - trackir newbie

Post by Rushman »

It does get better.

If I understand you correctly, you've only gone one step too far. There is no need to configure the TrackIR within the game. So, you probably just need to change the look left/right buttons back to keyboard or joystick settings in the game, and you should be good to go.

At least, I hope it's that easy...

If you want even more info try this thread here

Rushman