what is the largest capture volume for facial animation

bsteagal

what is the largest capture volume for facial animation

Post by bsteagal »

Hello everyone!

I have a question for either the NP gurus or those of you out there that have used expression a lot more than I have...

What is the largest capture volume that you have effectively used with expression? Has anyone tried using more than an 180 degree capture volume? (I would imagine that it is theoretically possible to capture 360... no?)

thanks in advance for the responses..

Bryan
Bryan Steagall
Owner
Kidz Korner Studio
OptiTrack Distributor
Mexico, Central and South America
505-615-2410
bryan@kkstudio.us
www.kkstudio.us
Randytucker

Re: what is the largest capture volume for facial animation

Post by Randytucker »

In Expression, the capture volume is the area in which a camera captures motion data. The size of the capture volume depends on the type of camera being used and the specific needs of the project. Typically, a capture volume of 180 degrees is considered the maximum for a single camera, but it is possible to use multiple cameras to capture a full 360-degree view.

In some cases, it may be necessary to use a larger capture volume for specialized projects, such as virtual reality or immersive experiences. However, using a larger capture volume can be challenging as it requires more cameras and a more complex setup.

Overall, the size of the capture volume that can be effectively used with Expression depends on the specific project requirements and the available resources.