Suddenly TrackIR not detecting device anymore and hangs

_Michi_

Re: Suddenly TrackIR not detecting device anymore and hangs

Post by _Michi_ »

Windows event viewer does not show any error of TrackIR. 
Sadly, I do not have a different computer to try it out. 
I tried everything. 
I even set my computer back to a date where TrackIR was running just fine. 
But that didn't help either.
Since I'm by far not the only one with this problem, and it is not just a little bug, this has to be fixed asap. 
People are buying this stuff and the first thing they will experience is they're computer not turning on anymore. 
In my opinion, this is such a severe problem that if you still don't know what is causing it, you should stop selling TrackIR until this is fixed. 
If it's a Windows update or your software, this does not change the situation, sadly. 

I hope you can help me get this running again. 
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello _Michi_,

Have you already contacted us using the contact form: https://www.trackir.com/help? I would like to gather some additional information from you, including information about how your system is configured, to see if we can identify what is causing this issue. The problem seems to be affecting a very small number of users, so it has been difficult to identify what is causing it. In your case, please let us know that you have been writing in this forum thread so we know what has already been tried. Please also describe any specifics about your computer (including hardware and a list of other software that is running in the background when TrackIR fails to load.

How many devices do you currently have connected to your computer via any type of USB? Have you tried removing all devices with the exception of a keyboard, mouse, and the TrackIR to see if the software behaves normally? Is your TrackIR connected directly to the motherboard, or are you using a USB hub?

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative
_Michi_

Post by _Michi_ »

I'm still in contact with them,
still trying to figure the issue out.

:idea:
Muzarmo

Post by Muzarmo »

Hello. I have this exact problem with my Track IR 5. Software freezes on startup and can't be killed even with task manager. Computer will not fully shut down, I have to manually cut power. I tried all the fixes suggested in thread, nothing changes the problem. The Track IR works if I plug it in after starting software, and unplug before shutting software down, as described in post by beladin. I have no recent hardware changes, Track IR has been working with this exact setup for years. I do suggested updates for windows and graphics drivers.

Has anyone else had this problem and found out what caused it?
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello Muzarmo,

We are still investigating this issue, but my current suspicion is that some other software or driver updated and affected some files shared with the the TrackIR software. Have you already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the C++ Redistributables, including 2013 both x64 and x86?

If so, please start a case with us via https://www.trackir.com/help so that we can gather some additional information from you and help determine what may be causing the issue.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
_Michi_

Post by _Michi_ »

After a long time in contact with the support, they finally solved the problem :).
I have Citrix installed on my system and that's what's causing all the issues.
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello _Michi_,

I appreciate your update on this forum post! In the last few days, I have heard from a few others who have found that uninstalling Citrix resolves the issue. For those that need to use Citrix, you may wish to try disabling it in Device Manager while using the TrackIR software.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
diego1080p

Post by diego1080p »

Hello, same problem and same solution: uninstall Citrix. Thank you!!!!!

It works fine again!!!
Last edited by diego1080p on Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
CSAce5

Post by CSAce5 »

Muzarmo

Post by Muzarmo »

Disabling Citrix Update service in task manager solved problem for me. Thank you, Michi! And thanks to you too, Julian for support.