trackir keeps freezing

Spider808

trackir keeps freezing

Post by Spider808 »

Hi, my Trackir keeps freezing or looses its center. What can I do?
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: trackir keeps freezing

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hi Spider808,

I can think of a few things to check. First, go to Camera view to see if all the dots are green or red or if there are any red blobs on the screen. The three dots should be green as long as they are the only IR sources being tracked. If they are red and there are other red blobs present, then the camera is picking up IR interference from something else in the environment. A common cause of this is sunlight, which can bounce off different surfaces and hit the camera, even if it doesn't appear directly on the camera itself. If you have a window in the room, try covering it. Check that the dots stay green through all movements as well. If one disappears or they go red, you may need to adjust the alignment between the camera and your TrackClip or TrackClip Pro.

If you normally use a TrackClip and you wear glasses, try taking off your glasses to see if the TrackIR is able to track normally without freezing. If so, you may be able to adjust the brightness of the LEDs to prevent the reflection from causing interferences. You might also consider trying a TrackClip Pro, as with that, the LEDs are on the TrackClip Pro component rather than reflecting from the camera, so you won't get any interference from glasses.

If you are still having problems, make sure you have set up your computer so that it will not turn off USB devices to save power. You can do that by going to Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus controllers. For each USB hub, open the Properties window and go to the Power Management tab. Make sure the checkbox for "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is unchecked. Repeat with all USB hubs.

When the freezing is happening, are the lights changing on the TrackIR? If the lights on the sides of the unit turn orange, then something is activating the Pause button. I would check the settings in the TrackIR software and try assigning a different button as the pause button.

Please let me know if you are still having trouble after going through these steps.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative