Dual Display Issues

bill721

Dual Display Issues

Post by bill721 »

Dual Display Issues: Seems to only happen in MSFS 2020

First issue - Frame lose on default display when clicking mouse and working in the second display.

Second Issue - Default Display readjusting / flashing when returning to default display and clicking mouse.

First Issue – I have no idea why it’s doing it????

Second Issue – It only happens when using TrackIR. If I don’t move my head much the readjusting is minimal. If I move my head more the readjustment is greater. If I don’t start TrackIR the issue is resolved.

I’ve been using this similar setup on my old computer and never had either issue. My new computer components:
Displays
Main Monitor - ASUS ROG Strix 32” HDMI 2.1 DSC Gaming Monitor (XG32UQ) NVIDIA G-SYNC compatible
Second Monitor - Alienware - AW2518H 25" LED FHD GSync Monitor
Intel 19-13900k
ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero
Corsair RM 1200
MSI gaming RTX 4090 Suprim liquid cooled
G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB Series (Intel XMP) 64GB
SAMSUNG 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe

Windows version 11 Pro version 22H2 , OS build 22621.1778
TrackIR version 5.4.2.27545
Nvidia Driver 5.36.09 Test driver from Nvidia to try and fix issue 1 but didn’t fix it.
MSFS 2020 version 1.32.7.0

Please help resolve this problem.

PS I sending this to Nvidia, MSFS, and NaturalPoint TrackIR

Bill
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Dual Display Issues

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello bill721,

I'd like to help you troubleshoot the problems you are having. First, do you have any issues with the display flashing if you run MSFS 2020 with only one display or does it only happen when using two displays? Please try switching which display is the Main display in Settings > System > Display. If TrackIR doesn't start correctly after making that change, you may need to try deleting ProfileMap.dat and Settings.xml from C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\TrackIR5, and then restart the TrackIR software as an administrator.

Are both of your displays running at the same resolution? Have you updated your video card to the latest NVIDIA driver (https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/drivers/)?

If these suggestions don't help, please share a video of the problem so we can look into this further.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative
bill721

Post by bill721 »

Thank you for your help. Let me work on it this weekend and I'll let you know the results. A couple of answers:

Are both of your displays running at the same resolution? NO the 2nd display ts 1920 by 1080. The main display is 3480 by 2160

Have you updated your video card to the latest NVIDIA driver Yes however I'm running a test release that Nvidia gave me for the dropping of FPS when changing monitors. release = 536.09

Bill
bill721

Post by bill721 »

Jillian, here’s the latest from Nvidia: > Please confirm, Does all the issue resolved once you disable the "Frame Generation" option within the game? If yes, then I will go ahead and escalate the case to the next tier support.

Yes both issues go away when I turn off Nvidia DLSS Frame Generation. I just realized that testing 30 minutes ago. It fixes the flashing with TrackIR and the FPS don't change, however, the FPS are at the lower setting.

The problem is I want the higher FPS I get using DLSS.

Hopefully you, TrackIR, and MSFS folks can figure it out.

Thanks for your help
Have a great day
Bill