Repeated endless automatic clicking

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
Tapi

Repeated endless automatic clicking

Post by Tapi »

Hi, my SmartNav works OK on my PC with Windows 10 but now I installed it on my home PC with Windows 11 and SmarNav generates here repeated endless automatic clicking without me touching mouse nor keyboard. Of course I DO NOT HAVE checked Dwell clicking nor enabled Left/right click nor enabled speech recognition for clicking. In fact I have enabled only F9 for Pause and F12 for center cursor. Any idea why that weird behaviour? THX

P.S. I reinstalled SW (SmartNAV_3.30.039.1.Final) as well as drivers downloaded from the fresh link sent me today by naturalpoint but the problem is still here.
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Repeated endless automatic clicking

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello Tapi,

I found a previous forum post that might be helpful: https://forums.naturalpoint.com/viewtopic.php?t=10087

In it, one of my coworker recommends this process:

With the camera plugged in, go to the Smartnav software. Click "Control panel", then select the "clicking" tab. There should be two dropdowns in the ability switch section. Set those dropdowns to "", save, and restart the system. When the system comes back up, check the dropdowns and make sure that they are still on ""

Please let me know if this helps.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative
Tapi

Post by Tapi »

Great, that tip helped! SmartNav works now well. Thank you very much.

My I ask one more question? Why SmartNav do not start immediately after running SW? I usually have to wait few long minutes before camera starts tracking (i.e. before yellow dot appear in the Camera View tab and cursor starts moving). That behaviour I notice on both of my PCs (Windows 10 & 11).
P.S. My PCs are fairly good and fast machines.
Last edited by Tapi on Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello Tapi,

I'm glad that tip helped. Is your SmartNav camera connected directly to your computer, or is it connected through a USB hub, docking station, or other adapter? Do you notice the long wait time only after you have first booted your computer, or does it happen every time you open the SmartNav software, even if the computer has already been running for some time?

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
Tapi

Post by Tapi »

Well, on the one PC I have it connected directly to the USB port on the Motherboard and on the second PC I use powered USB hub.
The long wait before SmartNav starts to work happen always after opening SmartNav SW, i.e. regardless if it is after PC reboot, or only after closing the SW while I am still signed in the Windows profile.
But after the SmartNav starts to work its works flawlessly.
Last edited by Tapi on Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello Tapi,

I wonder if the USB cable is starting to fail. Do you have another USB A to USB mini B cable that you can test with?

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
Tapi

Post by Tapi »

Hi, just tried two other USB cables and it is the same, i.e. few minutes before SmartNav starts working.
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello Tapi,

Have you tried updating the drivers for your motherboard and other hardware? Another thing you could try would be to run the Windows troubleshooter by typing "Get Help" in the taskbar, opening the Help tool, and requesting help for "Troubleshoot camera issues". Follow the prompts on the screen to allow Windows to reset the device.

If the device slow to start working, even after changing USB cords and USB ports, it is possible the device is starting to fail. We no longer have any inventory of the SmartNav, so we are not able to repair them. It is possible that you may be able to find someone selling a used unit.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
Tapi

Post by Tapi »

OK, thanks for help anyway.
Cheers