Track IR stops working.

Spyboy

Track IR stops working.

Post by Spyboy »

I have updates to the latest software, When I open TrackIR it has defaulted to the hat clip option. By the time I click the button to define trackclip and F12 to centre the view the software closes. I have deleted and reinstalled but it still happens. What could be the problem, and how to resolve it?
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Track IR stops working.

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello Spyboy,

There are a few different possible problems that could be occurring. Do you get an error message when the software closes? If so, please look in Windows Event Viewer to see more about the error message. Is the software closing completely or is it minimizing to the system tray?

Was the software working until recently? Do you have multiple displays connected to your computer? If so, did you move the software from one display to another? This can sometimes cause corruption of certain files. Please try deleting Settings.xml and ProfileMap.dat from the folder: C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\NaturalPoint\TrackIR 5\Settings.xml.

Let me know if you still need assistance.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative
Spyboy

Post by Spyboy »

Hi Jillian,
Thanks for your suggestions. I only have 1 display, No error message. It was working until maybe a week ago. I have reinstalled the programme 2x. I am at a loss to see what the problem is. I have just d/loaded a TrackIR update and thought this may be a fix as a lot of people seem to be having problems.
It was not a fix :(
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello Spyboy,

Did you try deleting these files, Settings.xml and ProfileMap.dat from the folder C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\NaturalPoint\TrackIR 5\Settings.xml?

Please try running the TrackIR software as an administrator. Was the software working until recently? Were there any changes to you system (new drivers, new hardware, etc.)?

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello noblekeon,

Can you describe what you are experiencing? For example, is your TrackIR not detected in the software, and if so, is it also not listed in Device Manager? Since it was working last week, have there been any recent changes to your system, such as new hardware or driver updates? You can view a list of Windows and driver updates by going to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Updates.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe