Recording take to UE sequencer with OptiTrack Streaming Client Plugin

NatNet, VRPN, TrackD, and Plugins
lisaj

Recording take to UE sequencer with OptiTrack Streaming Client Plugin

Post by lisaj »

I am working on a live performance using Optitrack / Motive 3.0 live streaming to Unreal 5. I built a number of levels using the OptiTrack Streaming Client Plugin. This all works very nicely, the only problem is that if I want to have animation data running to develop on in UE, I need to run Motive all the time to have the live stream. Because of this I have switched most of my development to use the OptiTrack Live Link Plugin. This is great. It works smoothly and I am able to record OptiTrack data with the take recorder in Unreal and seamlessly switch back and forth between recorded Live Link sequences on the sequencer and live data streaming from OptiTrack (all working through Live Link). Unfortunately, though, I am not able to take advantage of the bone scaling and pose correction offered in the Streaming Client plugin.

I am curious if there is a way for me to use the Streaming Client plugin (NOT the Live Link plugin) and be able to record and playback OptiTrack data with the take recorder and sequencer in Unreal. In other words, can I use the Streaming Client plugin functionality AND have the ability to record and playback like the Live Link plugin?

Thanks for your help!