UK TrackIR Retailers?!

Here you can talk about SmartNav and related products and issues not covered by other forums.
Veta

UK TrackIR Retailers?!

Post by Veta »

I've been considering buying a Track IR set for quite a while now. Having finally decided that I need to have this for IL-2: FB I visited your new site to buy one.

Now I'm sure your old site allowed me to buy sets in UK Sterling but now it would appear not. Nevertheless I decided to have a look at your UK resellers...wow! These guys are charging �200 - �300 a set when the converted US Dollers price is around �80!!! In short does anyone know where I might be able to buy a set at a far more reasonable price?

Incidentally when is the next generation Track IR going to be released (if it hasn't been already). I don't particularly want to buy something which may be, admittedly in a very small way, superceded 2 weeks after my purchase! What new features will the next gen have?

Many thanks!

(Oh first thread here!)
gaming247

Re: UK TrackIR Retailers?!

Post by gaming247 »

i am from austria and i�ve ordered mine from:

http://www.rightthing.nl/frameset.htm

It�s in the netherlands.
They have a very good service and u can pay without kredit card.
I can only recommend them.

Hope i could help
bong69

Post by bong69 »

Hi, got mine from http://www.rcsims.com/ excellent service....100 quid.

oops, they are now 130
http://www.rcsimulations.com/trackir.htm

[ January 20, 2003, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: Frank Hopkinson ]
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

You should probably bug RC Simulations and get them to sell it to you at 100 pounds. If not, then try the reseller section on our store and you will find a list of everyone who sells the device overseas.

There will be no hardware upgrades for some time, just software that will be freely downloadable. No worries.
Veta

Post by Veta »

Many thanks for your help and suggestions guys! I'll go and ask the bods at RC Simulations now.

If I fail to negotiate a discount would it be possible to order from NaturalPoint US online store? You guys are selling at around �80 so with shipping I doubt it would come anywhere near �130!
Jim

Post by Jim »

Yes, you can order directly from us. We sell the trackIR at $129 and shipping to the UK is usually about $45, but it will be there in 2 days. Good luck.
Veta

Post by Veta »

Excellent!

If RC Simulations won't lower their price I may well order straight from you. Using an online currency converter I calculate your price (inc. P&P) to be something in the region of �107 - much better than RC's!!!
Veta

Post by Veta »

Well RC Simulations never replied so I ordered from your store over the weekend. I'm looking forward to finishing work this coming Friday!

[ January 27, 2003, 07:25 AM: Message edited by: Veta ]