TrackIR 5 dies once it sees trackclip

grillmeister23

TrackIR 5 dies once it sees trackclip

Post by grillmeister23 »

Hi,
I am a long time user of a TrackIR 5 setup with the trackclip pro.
A few weeks ago, my TrackIR suddenly studdered and died mid game. Since then the software sometimes finds the camera, but as soon as I bring the trackclip in view of the camera I hear a rapid USB connect/disconnect sound a windows and most of the time the TrackIR software dies a few seconds later. Sometimes this also happens directly after starting the software/pluggin in the camera. Only connecting piece is, that the software typically crashes within seconds and after some reconnection seems to happen. What is triggering this is unclear.

Do you know this issue and how can I fix it?

What I have tried:
reinstalling the software and natural point drivers multiple times, including deleting the profiles in %APPDATA%.
Updating my Graphiccard drivers.

Thanks a lot in advance

PS: This might be somewhat connected to the issue here https://forums.naturalpoint.com/viewtop ... 912#p78912
I also have followed these steps and I could not get it to work.
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: TrackIR 5 dies once it sees trackclip

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello grillmeister23,

Have you tried connecting the TrackIR to a different USB port? If possible, connect to a USB 2.0 port directly on the motherboard to see if the TrackIR stays stable. If you have a lot of other peripherals connected, try disconnecting them and using only the TrackIR, mouse, and keyboard to see if the disconnections continue to happen. If they do, then please test the TrackIR with another computer to confirm whether this is a hardware issue with the TrackIR or a software/driver/configuration issue with a specific computer.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative
grillmeister23

Post by grillmeister23 »

Hello Jillian,

I have confirmed that it is not a hardware issue by using a different computer.

Thanks for the tipp with the USB ports - I restructured my wiring a couple of weeks ago and connected the camera to a USB 3 port. I changed it, so that the camera gets on of the USB 2 ports and now it works again. I don't know why it took a while to fail, but since this seemed to fix it for now, this might have been the cause of the issue.

I will consider it solved, if it does not give me any problems anymore in the next weeks.

Thanks again,
autoskip

Post by autoskip »

Hi geometry dash world

Thank you for the USB port advice. I recently reorganized my wiring and attached the camera to a USB 3 port. It now functions properly after I adjusted it such that the camera is connected to one of the USB 2 ports.
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello grillmeister23,

Wonderful! Since there haven't been any updates, I'm hoping that the issue is resolved for you.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello autoskip,

I'm glad to hear that the problem was resolved by connecting to a USB2.0 port. Please let me know if you have any other TrackIR issues you need assistance with.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe