qeustions

Here you can talk about SmartNav and related products and issues not covered by other forums.
DrGreen

qeustions

Post by DrGreen »

hi there,

im a webdesigner and i have currently RSI wich means i cant use my hands anymore behind the comp . Your product looks very promising though a few qeustions.

Does it work with designprograms like: photoshop, 3dsmax etc.

and the most important one, isnt it bad for your neck? i mean you will be using your neck very intens when using the smartnav.

and ofcourse i would be nice to hear some users opinions.

thanks for reading and i hope to get some answers so i can buy the product.
Donald

Re: qeustions

Post by Donald »

Very few people have complained of neck strain. The secret is to relax and move your head normally. Think about all the head turning you do in a day or watch the audience at a tennis match moving their head back and forth hour after hour of play. No one complains of neck strain because they're relaxed as they watch the ball move back and forth. Just move your head normally and don't tense up and you shouldn't have any problems.
yerodin

Post by yerodin »

Me I use the smartnav for stuff that doesn't require pixel-level precision. If I need to draw stuff really precise I use a mouse (smartnav and a mouse work together just fine, no need to plug one out to use the other). The smartnav isn't quite as precise as a mouse. Precision still is pretty good though and you can improve it if you're willing to sacrifice your right click pedal and use it for precision mode.
For me the smartnav is the best device I bought for my rsi yet (and I bought a lot...).
My advice: buy it - or maybe even better: wait for the smartnav 2. I'm not quite sure when they will get this thing out though... maybe the powers that be can shed some light on a release date for smartnav 2!?
Jim

Post by Jim »

No official word on SmartNAV 2 yet. It is on the drawing board, but I wouldn't expect it any time soon.