Begging one last time to help the linux community!

johnspack

Begging one last time to help the linux community!

Post by johnspack »

Those of us who have legally purchased TrackIR devices deserve to have driver support just as well as the Windows users.
Please release support to the linux development team so we can still enjoy our expensive little cameras!
With the development of dxvk and vkd3d-proton to add to wine, many games can be run under linux that could not before.
The percentage of linux users is growing... and a linux release for this driver would be noticeable. It would drive sales up
if that is your only consideration. I think that being a tech company you might be proud to release a full working tracking
device for linux. I have actually used it under linux before when a clever person figured out how to use your driver with some
replacements, and it worked perfectly. Unfortunately some linux code changed.. the author stopped making the mod, and my trackir has been dead since.
Please reconsider your decision on this, or let someone create a linux driver install that you verify.
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Begging one last time to help the linux community!

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello johnspack,

We appreciate your suggestion to add Linux support. I will pass along this suggestion to our development team. Please note that the technical specifications for the TrackIR 5 have always indicated that Windows Vista or newer was required to run the software.

Thanks for using our product and being engaged in the product's success.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative