Track IR 5 - Stuttering in games

jjpupo

Track IR 5 - Stuttering in games

Post by jjpupo »

Hello, I would like help to solve a persistent problem in all games! My TrackIR presents stuttering in games and it does not always happen, I am playing at 60 FPS with the line of the frametime smooth and the TrackIR tracks normally in a smooth way, however, in some moments the stutters appear. I've tried everything and I can't solve it. Someone? Thank you
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Track IR 5 - Stuttering in games

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello jjpupo,

Does the TrackIR stutter when only the TrackIR software is running? If so, please switch to camera view and confirm that all three dots are green throughout your range of movement and that there are no red blobs, which represent background sources of infrared light.

If the TrackIR works normally in the TrackIR software, but the stutter starts when you start your game, try changing the TrackIR settings to allow it to minimize to the system tray and to minimize when your TrackIR-Enhanced game starts up.

Please let us know if you still need assistance.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative
jjpupo

Post by jjpupo »

Hi Jillian, sorry for the delay!

Thank you for your response and willingness to help....

There is no red light, only the three green dots appear on the screen and there is nothing to disturb this moment....

Yes, the settings are as I said and the stuttering still persists....

Thanks.....
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello jjpupo,

Another customer posted about a possible solution:

https://forums.naturalpoint.com/viewtop ... 786#p63786
FWIW, to anyone and everyone experiencing stutters... I have the same issue UNTIL I go into the Task Manager, right click on 'TrackIR' and change the priority to "Realtime". This solves my jerky movement 100% of the time.
Please let me know if this helps.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative