Track IR 5 simply not working

wadi

Track IR 5 simply not working

Post by wadi »

The computer recognizes that I have the Track IR and driver installed via device manager. The path is to the driver so there should not be a problem. The software recognizes the device but "NO" green lights. I have been using Track IR for many years. The only thing I have done differently with my rig is put in an Asus Dual NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060.
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Track IR 5 simply not working

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello wadi,

Are you using the TrackClip, or the TrackClip Pro? Do you see dots of any color in Camera View?

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative
wadi

Post by wadi »

I am using the Clip Pro. The software seems to recognize that it is plugged in, but no IR lights or LED's. It is a brand new unit.
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello wadi,

Would you please clarify what you mean when you say that the software seems to recognize that it is plugged in? Please note that when the camera is connected, you should see the TrackIR detected in the software, including the serial number of the TrackIR. The TrackClip Pro, however, only relies on USB for power, and it would not be detected by the software. If you look closely at the TrackClip Pro, do you see the LEDs glowing faintly? Do you have the camera connected through the USB pigtail, or are they plugged in separately? Have you tested your camera using the TrackClip, and if so, are you seeing any response in the software?

If you are still having trouble, please request Technical Support through our contact form: https://www.trackir.com/help. This will allow us to gather more information from you, including the serial number of your unit and photos or videos of the issue.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
wadi

Post by wadi »

Interesting, I attached the pigtail and started it up again. Attached the TrackClip, but no joy. Well, I had read that taking the setting file out of the "appdata" folder might work. I cut/pasted it onto my desktop and viola. I rebooted my rig and checked to see if it had written new settings. Yep. Works with the TrackClip, have yet to try the Pro.
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello wadi,

If you find that the TrackClip Pro still doesn't work, but the TrackClip does, make sure to change the setting in the software to TrackClipPro. If it still isn't working, then please contact us at https://www.trackir.com/help so we can verify whether the TrackClip Pro is within warranty.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
edel1108

Post by edel1108 »

Ich benutze TrackIR in Verbindung mit X-Plane 12. Seit der Beta-Version führt das Gerät keine Bewegungen mehr aus.Die Funktionstasten reagieren. Es erscheint im Simulator folgende Nachricht:
Deprecated dataref use by Pilot view/64/win.xpl 'sim/operation/windows/system_window'
The autor should update this to ensure future compatibility
Please see the log for more details

PilotViewLog.txt: Debug Logging is disabled

Wer ist hier zuständig? Natural Point? , Sandy Barbour (Pilot View)?, X-Plane (Laminar Research?
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello edel1108,

Based on the wording of the message, it sounds like the issue is with PilotView. It may be using some old code that is no longer supported in X-Plane 12. I would reach out to the Pilot View developer to see if they can assist you further.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support

Translation by Google / Übersetzung von Google

Hallo edel1108,

Basierend auf dem Wortlaut der Nachricht scheint das Problem bei PilotView zu liegen. Möglicherweise wird alter Code verwendet, der in X-Plane 12 nicht mehr unterstützt wird. Ich würde mich an den Pilot View-Entwickler wenden, um zu erfahren, ob er Ihnen weiterhelfen kann.

Mit freundlichen Grüße,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR-Unterstützung
Jillian Smythe