SmartNav 2 Features

Here you can talk about SmartNav and related products and issues not covered by other forums.
yerodin

SmartNav 2 Features

Post by yerodin »

Hi,
will the SmartNav 2 feature a similar optical unit like the TrackIR3 Pro (120fps, 100+ dpi)?
Also can you tell us about any other features we can expect yet? I'm starting to get excited
Donald

Re: SmartNav 2 Features

Post by Donald »

Hello Yerodin,

Here are just some of the features that are going to be available in the new version.

The system will run at 120 fps with 101K pixel resolution

- Brand new installation routine with updated drivers.

- Light filtering threshold adjustments for sunlight and other bright light sources.

- Dual X & Y axis controls.

- Improved Speed and Smoothing algorithms

Other enhancements are being worked on but these are a few of the ones that were most requested and will be available.
yerodin

Post by yerodin »

*Drool*
Thanks for the quick response!
Now back to work and get that thing outta the door!
dsy222

Post by dsy222 »

Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between the hardware of the SmartNAV2 and SmartNAV3?
kevin

Post by kevin »

The SmartNAV3 provides a better than ever experience with help from some of these new features:

All new hardware, featuring better speed and resolution.

The software has been redesigned and now allows for absolute positioning (center once and forget it), separate horizontal and vertical scaling, improved light filtering and more.

Please note that the SmartNAV2 (the "new version") that is being mentioned above ended up being named the SmartNAV3 and so the differences are really between the Original SmartNAV and the SmartNAV3.

[ November 22, 2004, 12:29 PM: Message edited by: kevin ]
fireman

Post by fireman »

wow, sorry to be hammering the forum with this concern of mine, but......

First,
If I recieved a SmartNAV 2 in the mail. Is this actually a SmartNAV 3? (if I understand this post correctly.)

Second,
Is this product superior to the Track IR 3 pro (which is what I actually ordered)

Third,
Will it use the new version 4 of the track ir software?

Fourth,
Is it capable of the new Vector Expansion (if I decide to order it in the future)

I ask these questions because a distributor sent me this product instead of the Track IR 3 pro which I had ordered.

if the serial number is located above the bar code on the bottom face of the unit, then my serial number is in the 25000 range, if this helps.
kevin

Post by kevin »

>First,
>If I recieved a SmartNAV 2 in the mail. Is this >actually a SmartNAV 3? (if I understand this >post correctly.)

Yes it is a SmartNAV3, there never was a SmartNAV2, we printed up the boxes before we changed our mind, sorry for the confusion.

>Second,
>Is this product superior to the Track IR 3 pro >(which is what I actually ordered)

The SmartNAV allows for cursor control on the desktop (surfing, using word, cad, etc) and can also utilize the TracKIR software, so in that respect it is better.

>Third,
>Will it use the new version 4 of the track ir >software?

Yes it will.

>Fourth,
>Is it capable of the new Vector Expansion (if I >decide to order it in the future)

Yes, if you can run version 4 of the TrackIR software you can use Vector.

Hope this helps,
Kevin