What are SmartNav 2 Advantages?

Here you can talk about SmartNav and related products and issues not covered by other forums.
fcolliga

What are SmartNav 2 Advantages?

Post by fcolliga »

Hi,

I am thinking of purchasing the current Smart Nav EG model but noticed on the forums that a new version of Smart Nav is in the works. I'm wondering if it is worth waiting for. So a few questions.

1) Will the new hardware/software replace all three of the current models, or just the Smart Nav AT?

2) What advantages will I get if I wait for the new model? My reason for purchasing is to alleviate RSI.

3) Will the advantages be dependent on the new hardware or will I be able to get some of those advantages with the older EG model hardware?

4) If I buy the EG now, will there be upgrade pricing for existing users? Probably not, but can't hurt to ask!

5) Has pricing for the new model been determined yet? Will it stay about the same as the current models?

6) It sounds like the new models are almost here, but no date is yet announced. Can you at least give us an idea of whether we are looking at a relase sometime this summer, fall, or winter? If the release is not too far off and the price is comparable then I might just wait.

Many thanks for any information you can give to help guide my buying decision.
Donald

Re: What are SmartNav 2 Advantages?

Post by Donald »

Hello Frank,

I can confirm that the next version of the Smart-NAV is in the works but this is all I can say.

Unfortunately, we cannot release specific information about upcoming product features, pricing and release schedules in advance.

The most I can say at the moment is that you are looking for something to help eleviate RSI issues. The Smart-NAV EG is the correct product and will be able to help you.

[ July 05, 2004, 04:40 PM: Message edited by: Birch Zimmer ]
fcolliga

Post by fcolliga »

Thanks. I understand about not releasing information too soon since I write documentation for a software company.

However, you have already let the proverbial cat partially out of the bag when you gave some new feature information in this post:

http://forums.naturalpoint.com/cgi-bin/ ... 6;t=000038

Can you at least explain to us non-techies what some of these things will mean for us in terms of normal everyday use?

- System will run at 120 fps with 101K pixel resolution.

- Light filtering threshold adjustments for sunlight and other bright light sources.

- Dual X & Y axis controls.

- Improved Speed and Smoothing algorithms.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

Thanks so much for your interest in our upcoming SmartNAV product. As noted, there will be some nice improvements in the software and hardware for the next generation SmartNAV. I can't really elaborate on the feature set at this time, except to say that the features you list will be in the new software / hardware. Basically, we are taking the product to the next level, I am sure everyone will really enjoy the improvements.

There will be more information to follow shortly, meaning in the next 45 days or so.