Recording both camera frames and tracking data in sync

george.profenza

Recording both camera frames and tracking data in sync

Post by george.profenza »

Hi,

I'm new to OptiTrack and I'd like to record both the video frames and the tracking data in sync.

My understanding is that the marker data can be timestamped (https://docs.optitrack.com/synchronizat ... k-timecode) which is great.

For the cameras to detect the markers exposure will probably need to be quite low which creates makes it impossible to record image frames of the object in front.

Is it possible somehow to both track markers and have the tracked object visible enough to overlay the data ?
If so how ?

(One very tedious method I can think off is capturing individual static poses of the tracked object twice: once with marker data (low expose) then again with no marker data, but higher exposure images. This feels very time consuming (and error prone).
Is it possible to find a middle ground of increased enough expose to see the object but low enough to still get some data (albeit less accurate) ?
For cameras running at 240Hz would it be possible to use most of the frames for tracking (low exposure), but every 4th frame for example bump up the exposure and skip tracking ? Is there an option to somehow get a camera sync source to record image data ? )
Davids

Re: Recording both camera frames and tracking data in sync

Post by Davids »

It's a great idea to sync video frames and tracking data. Regarding your question, finding the right exposure balance is indeed crucial. One approach could be alternating exposure settings between frames, as you suggested. This might involve some trial and error to strike the right balance for visibility and accurate tracking. Additionally, OptiTrack cameras usually offer sync output signals that you can use as a reference for recording image data. Feel free to explore those options in the camera settings.
[URL=https://datesnow.life]Real-life Females[/URL]