Trackir 5 stopped tracking.

jaguara5

Trackir 5 stopped tracking.

Post by jaguara5 »

So my Trackir 5 stopped tracking. The left green light doesn't come on and no movement of the head clip can be detected. If i launch DCS the right green light comes on. If i pause the device through the software both lights go on (orange), if i unpause the lights go out . In device manager the systems appears normally. How can i determine, if the problem is caused from the base unit (that sits on the monitor) or from the (third party wired head clip that i have on my headset and was working without problem for a long time?

Thx!
jaguara5

Re: Trackir 5 stopped tracking.

Post by jaguara5 »

So i 've did the following test: because my room is bright i've opened the curtain and the trackir caught immediate the background light, the left green light went on and i had an abrubt movement in the camera view window. So the camera unit seems to be working and the problem must be the head clip
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello jaguara5,

It sounds like opening the window was a good test, and you were able to confirm that the camera is working as expected. You could also test it with the TrackClip (hat clip) if you still have it available. If you would like to purchase a new TrackClip Pro, we do sell them separately on our website: https://www.trackir.com/accessories/.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative
carterodell

Post by carterodell »

In an effort to get more light into my room, I opened the curtain. The tracker detected the light right away; the left green light went on; and the camera view window shifted suddenly. The problem seems to be with the head clip because the camera unit is working fine.
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello carterodell,

Are you using the TrackClip Pro, and is your TrackIR software set to the TrackClipPro mode? Have you tried connecting your TrackClip Pro to a different outlet? If you have a cell phone, you can point your camera at the TrackClip Pro to confirm whether the LEDs are on. If they are not working regardless of how the TrackClip Pro is connected, look carefully at the unit, including the cable, to confirm that there is no damage. If you purchased the TrackClip Pro from NaturalPoint within the last year, you can request a replacement using the Help form on our website: https://www.trackir.com/help.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative