2 axis using one reflective dot impossible?

Roenie

2 axis using one reflective dot impossible?

Post by Roenie »

I am trying to use the TrackIR 5 software together with my Smartnav 4 unit. I use a headset with one reflective dot. All I need is 2 axis for which one reflective dot should be sufficient but it seems the TrackIR 5 software insists on having either the vector 3-point reflector thing you place on a hat (which I wouldn't like to wear due to a medical condition) or a trackclip pro, which I don't have. The latter will not fit my headset.

Is there a way I can get the trackIR software of whatever version to work with two axis using just the single reflector dot on my headset's microphone boom?

So far I have tried these versions, without success:
TrackIR_5.0.Final.b.exe
TrackIR_4.1.037.Final.B.exe
TrackIR_4.1.028.Final.exe

Thank you,
Roenie (gamer, network administrator, drummer, and as of late RSI sufferer...now why did I not see that one coming?)

P.S. In Fallout 3 mouse control using the Smartnav software does not work, that game is a bit picky when it comes to input. With the TrackIR 5.0 final B software I can get the mouse to move (albeit, erratically) in that game by holding up a sheet of spare dots and waving it about, but when I use one dot, there is no movement. I tried sticking 2 more dots to my headset and face to create a fake 3-dot setup a bit like the vector reflectors, to no avail. I am hoping to not only use the TrackIR software to play racing and flightsim games (looking around the cockpit left/right and up/down), but also to finally finish Fallout 3. ;-)
VincentG

Re: 2 axis using one reflective dot impossible?

Post by VincentG »

In the TrackIR 4 software, you can set the different profiles to single dot tracking. The TrackIR 5 software requires 3 point tracking.

Only version 4.1.037 has support for the SN4 (4.1.028 does not)
Roenie

Post by Roenie »

Thanks a million Vincent, .037 did the trick. I must have missed the option to set it to single dot mode.

Hopefully you can find the time to help me once more.

In the track IR mouse emulation menu, there is a setting for X axis auto panning. When used in game (shooter style) to turn the view, to make it stop I have to turn my head back into a neutral position. When I do that, the view suddenly jumps back in the other direction by like 30 degrees. I can't seem to be able to stop the automatic motion without having this happen. Have you heard of this before and do you know of any way to fix it?

Thanks again,
Roenie
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Could you be looking in the other direction slightly, as you come back to center?

What gaming application are you using?
Roenie

Post by Roenie »

nevermind Vincent, the problem seems to have solved itself.
asterics

Post by asterics »

Hi!

does somebody know if this is still possible?
(the newer TrackIR 5 HW/firmware doesn't seem to work..)

it would be really nice to have single reflective dot tracking !!!