what is TIRMOUSE.EXE

Hester

what is TIRMOUSE.EXE

Post by Hester »

What is TIRMOUSE.EXE ?
Barred

Re: what is TIRMOUSE.EXE

Post by Barred »

Tirmouse will allow some games that has mouse look built in to have the TIR work in them. It really is a kludge that was originally used so that TIR was available to more games, especially at the time when IL2 and MS flight sims were the only games/sims that used TIR nativley.

It is not ment to be an alternative to SmartNav, just to expand some use to some (mainly older) games.

[ October 07, 2005, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: Barred ]
Hester

Post by Hester »

quote:Originally posted by Barred:
Tirmouse will allow some games that has mouse look built in to have the TIR work in them. It really is a kludge that was originally used so that TIR was available to more games, especially at the time when IL2 and MS flight sims were the only games/sims that used TIR nativley.

It is not ment to be an alternative to SmartNav, just to expand some use to some (mainly older) games.Can I use TIRMOUSE.EXE program for standard mouse movements in windows?
rodom

Post by rodom »

You can not use this program in place of your mouse on the desktop. It will not work correctly.
rodom

Post by rodom »

Only a gaming device.

You would need a SmartNAV if you wish to use it as a dedicated mouse.

SmartNAV hands free mouse
ezir

Post by ezir »

Is there a way to use TrackIR as a desktop mouse?
Some kind of application?

Or is it just for the purpose of gaming device?
simhead

Post by simhead »

Have you guys considered discounted/limited SmartNav software that would work with a TrackIR? I remember the 'mouse emulation mode', so I know the hardware can do it. It's unlikely that I'd sell my TrackIR3 to buy a SmartNAV, especially with V4 out (meaning resale value is dropping). I just need occasional mouse control... and I'd part with some money to get that mode back - please consider it? Thanks for listening...
nohands20

Post by nohands20 »

It seems like naturalpoint have been paid off by. Eye tracking software's to not make the desktop mouse available although their product is much superior for the disabled community
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello nohands20,

I appreciate your feedback, and I want you to know that we hear your concerns. I have added your comments to the list of requests and suggestions for our developers so that they can prioritize their bandwidth accordingly. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative