Motive EMG data export weird values

KBriar

Motive EMG data export weird values

Post by KBriar »

Hello.
I've been exporting EMG data collected during a Mocap trial. The Mocap collects at 120hz and the EMG is collected at 2400hz (set at 20x). I'm getting the resulting EMG output of a repeating value of 122672.688, then 0, then 1017.90772, then 0 in one channel and all 0s in the corresponding rows in the other channel. These values are much higher then what the EMG system that I am using is able to measure (10V range). I'm not sure what is happening but it repeats across all my trials.

I'm using NIDAQ USB-6218 (BNC) and Motive 2.3.1
torres

Re: Motive EMG data export weird values

Post by torres »

Hi KBriar,

I am also working on synchronizing EMG data with motion capture data, I saw you are using the motive 2.3.1, but I guess from the official document, it seems that motive2.3.1 doesn't support automatically identifying the EMG device, so may I ask how you synchronize EMG data in motive? maybe through the Optitrack Peripeipheral API?

Thx

Wishing you all the best.

Yingfan Zhou
KBriar

Re: Motive EMG data export weird values

Post by KBriar »

Hello Torres,

I did some trial and error and got a solution for that project. I had to reinstall Motive 2.3.1 to get access/install the Optitrack Peripheral Module.

Moreover, I also installed NiMax from National Instruments (since our DAQ was made by them). I then connected our DAQ to our computer, as well as connecting it to our ESYNC 2 system. This allowed me to import the data into Motive properly.

I ended up using a rising edge sync setting in the ESYNC and adjusting the EMG capture to 2000Hz exactly. I found that the repeating error values I had posted in the forums were due to the EMG system collecting at a frequency higher than our equipment would transmit the data (due to the age of some of our equipment). After this, I found that the data was accurate and working for us.

If there are any other questions I can help with, please let me know