TrackIR compatibility issues with latest OS update. Any workarounds or updates?

jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: TrackIR compatibility issues with latest OS update. Any workarounds or updates?

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello jonsnoww,

I haven't heard of any issues with the latest operating system updates. What kind of errors are you encountering?

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative
savamiso

Re: TrackIR compatibility issues with latest OS update. Any workarounds or updates?

Post by savamiso »

I have the same problem too.
Track IR5 stopped working after Windows Update.It was working fine until just before.
Although the green LED when starting DCS World and MSFS and the orange LED when pausing are lit, the tracking detection LED does not work, and the device is recognized in the TrackIR software, and the status is green, but the camera screen is unresponsive (no response to either red or green) and there is no tracking.
TrackClipPro LED is lit.
I tried unplugging the USB, uninstalling windows update and reinstalling TrackIR, but that didn't help.

Thank you.
Last edited by savamiso on Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello savamiso,

Are you able to test your TrackIR using the TrackClip rather than the TrackClip Pro? That can help confirm whether the issue is with the TrackClip Pro or the camera itself. You may also be able to use your cell phone camera to see if there is any glow from the TrackClip Pro LEDs (you may need to try the front camera on some cell phones, as many have IR filters on the rear cameras). If the TrackClip Pro is not showing any life, try connecting it to a different USB port. Please note that the TrackClip Pro only needs USB for power, so you can connect it to most USB ports, even one not part of your computer.

If the TrackClip Pro is working, try moving the TrackIR to a different USB, independent of the pigtail on the TrackClip Pro. You may also want to test the TrackIR with a different computer to see if it is responsive there.

If you purchased your TrackIR and TrackClip Pro recently from us, you can reach out using the help form to request a replacement unit as our devices have a 1 year warranty. If you purchased it from a reseller, you will want to reach out to them directly.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
savamiso

Post by savamiso »

TrackClip Pro's LEDs are working.
The camera is not recognized even in TrackClip mode
I tried it on another PC and the same problem was reproduced.
My problem may have coincided with the failure.
It's a shame, but I've been using it since I bought it over 10 years ago, so I guess can't help it.
I want to buy a new one, but I'm worried if it doesn't work.

Edit: I ordered a new one from trackir.com.

Thank you.
Last edited by savamiso on Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello savamiso,

It does sounds like it was a coincidence that the unit failed when it did. Please rest assured that the replacement you purchased will have a 1 year warranty, and we are happy to assist you if you are having any problems with getting it set up.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
AllexxisF1

Post by AllexxisF1 »

Good evening,
My Track IR 5 is also crashing right after starting the application. I'm using Windows 11 Pro and it never has given issues in the last year. I have removed the software thoroughly from instructions here on these forums. I have reinstalled it several times, even on a different drive and no luck. The application starts and as soon as you touch a key it becomes unresponsive and will not shut down - even with a Windows Task Kill.

I scanned for Malware and my PC memory and hardware are running fine. I even downloaded Visual Studio files again to be sure.

Any help would be appreciated as I did want to get some flight time in this weekend.
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello AllexxisF1,

Do you currently have Citrix Workspace installed? Many of our users have found that there is a conflict with Citrix Workspace's Indirect Display Adapter, and TrackIR. There is a workaround described on this page: https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/ ... 2/?l=latam.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
AllexxisF1

Post by AllexxisF1 »

Hi Jillian, I decided just to reinstall my OS and everything worked after that. Thanks for the outreach, I appreciate it.
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello AllexxisF1,

I'm glad to hear it is working for you now. Happy gaming!

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe