SmartNav 4?

Here you can talk about SmartNav and related products and issues not covered by other forums.
yerodin

SmartNav 4?

Post by yerodin »

Hi guys,

great job on the TrackIR 4! That leaves me with the same question as when TrackIR 2 arrived: When will we see the new SmartNav?
kevin

Re: SmartNav 4?

Post by kevin »

Generally, NaturalPoint's policy is to not comment about product and software roadmap plans, pricing and release schedules in advance. We appreciate your interest in our offerings and future developments, and will always let the community know about new offers at the time when they are officially announced.

The SmartNAV and TrackIR products have different hardware and software and the technologies that power both are developed separately.

We feel that SmartNAV3 is an incredible piece of hardware, with the built in switch input and other great features. Since it would be so hard to improve upon the incredibly precise and reliable SmartNAV3 Hands Free Mouse hardware we will need to take our time before an entirely new SmartNAV4 is considered.

At present we have decided to stay with the SmartNAV3 hardware and continue developing software for it to provide products for the SmartNAV market.

If you are interested in learning about the latest SmartNAV developments, and staying up to date with all the cutting edge technologies NaturalPoint is working on, please join our SmartNAV newsletter from the front of our home page:
http://www.naturalpoint.com/smartnav/

[ November 14, 2005, 10:53 AM: Message edited by: NaturalPoint - Kevin ]
yerodin

Post by yerodin »

Whoa, you know, there were times when Naturalpoint would have spared me the marketing blah and just said: "No plans at present"...
No offense.
chadhenke

Post by chadhenke »

quote:"No plans at present"...If I would like the replacement for a mouse (carpel tunnel) and the 3D view control for games (like flight sim) I have to purchase one of each device (a trackir and a smartnav)?

If I just purchase a smartnav I can't get the vector expansion right?
kevin

Post by kevin »

Hi Chad,

If you purchase a SmartNAV you can use the latest SmartNAV software for mouse relief as well as the latest TrackIR software for use in games.

If you wanted to purchase a vector expansion with your SmartNAV that will work as well for added realism in games.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Cheers,
Kevin

[ December 20, 2005, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: NaturalPoint - Kevin ]
cgp

Post by cgp »

I noticed the SmartNav 3 is �out of stock�. I wonder if this is a sign SmartNav 4 is just about ready for release? Could just be production lag, but makes one wonder. I don�t expect an official statement of conformation or denial (I know the policy), just wanted to comment.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Generally we don't comment on future product plans, but there is no plans for a release of the SmartNAV 4 in the next few weeks....
gibbz

Post by gibbz »

any updates on this?
Ive been told that smartnav4 is due out soon(1-2 months). Im interested in getting a smartnav system, however I dont want to buy one if theres a new one due in the next few months...
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

We really appreciate people looking forward to our product releases, makes us excited to get them out! Yes, we are working on a new version of SmartNAV, and we hope to have it released in the near future. We aren't promising a release date yet, but something less than 3 months is safe to say.
gibbz

Post by gibbz »

So time for my monthly checkup Any info been released on smartnav4?

Thanks