Help!! TrackIR crashing DCS

Jhsg

Help!! TrackIR crashing DCS

Post by Jhsg »

Hi,

I have used trackIR heaps in the past but not much for the last 12 months and never on my current pc.

I bought the new trackIR 5 the other day to use with dcs. Setup was by the book and all was looking good…

However, I have found when using trackIR DCS crashes after about 10-15 mins of flight. When it crashes it freezes for a few seconds and then closes to desktop. I’ve looked at the DCS logs and they don’t show anything useful.

I have tried everything on the DCS side including a full reinstall. Nothing works and it keeps crashing when trackIR is open and in use. When I have trackIR closed DCS works perfectly.

Any help / ideas / suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Help!! TrackIR crashing DCS

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello Jhsg,

Thank you for contacting TrackIR Support. Is the TrackIR connected directly to a USB port on the motherboard? How many other peripherals do you have connected? Please try the following steps:

Right click on the start menu and select Device Manager.
Locate Universal Serial Bus controllers.
For each item in this list with the word “hub” in its name, double click on the item and go to the Power Management tab.
Uncheck the option “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” and press OK.
Repeat for all USB hub devices.
Restart the computer.

If that didn't resolve the issue, follow these steps

Open Control Panel and navigate to Control Panel
Select All Control Panel Items
Open Power Options.
Click "Change plan settings."
Click "Change advanced power settings."
Find USB settings > USB selective suspend setting in the list, and ensure that it is set to disabled.
Press OK and reboot your computer.
If the problem persists, please check Windows Event Viewer for any events that occur around the time of the crash.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative