TrackClip Pro - Possible solution for erratic tracking due to light

NICK_FF

TrackClip Pro - Possible solution for erratic tracking due to light

Post by NICK_FF »

New to this forum, thought maybe others were having residual light issues effecting proper camera tracking of the pro clip LEDs.

I purchased some cling type uv light filter tint for doors and windows and cut a square big enough to cover the track ir camera.

So far there is no residual light entering the camera and the camera is only picking up the clip LEDs the way it is supposed to.

Haven't had a chance to check it when the sun is shining, but that will be my next test.

I purchased: Gila® Privacy Black Static Cling Residential DIY Window Film.

For folks that have sun light or artificial light coming into the camera that is more than the camera setting slider can handle, this might be the option to fix the issues.

Blinds didn't work, moving the PC wasn't an option, and I could only play DCS at night.

UPDATE:

Tried it with the sun shining and a good deal of light coming into the room with a window behind me facing the camera and no blinds drawn.

The camera was picking up some of the light in the room, but with the camera light filter slider maxed out, I had no problems tracking in DCS.

I would usually have tons of tracking problems during carrier landings. I ran about nine Case I landings in a row without a hitch.

After all the trouble I was having and to think a simple square of UV tint over the camera lens fixed it.
Last edited by NICK_FF on Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
NICK_FF

Re: TrackClip Pro - Possible solution for erratic tracking due to light

Post by NICK_FF »

Note to Natural Point:

Just a suggestion to develop a UV and light filter to clip onto the front of the camera to sell as an accessory to the track ir cameras.
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: TrackClip Pro - Possible solution for erratic tracking due to light

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hi NICK_FF,

Thank you for this excellent tip! I have passed your suggestion along to our development team, and I am sure your suggestion will be helpful for other users too.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative