TrackIR will not start, crashes on startup.

neo_razgriz

Re: TrackIR will not start, crashes on startup.

Post by neo_razgriz »

Can anyone from the TrackIR dev team provide a fix? The cause has been identified.

The below workaround works.
MaulkinGrey wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:14 am I have done some debugging and it appears that the issue depends on where you last closed your TrackIR application window. If you have a second monitor and you close the app with it moved over there, then it will not allow the app to open there the next time. To fix this I would need to open the file:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\NaturalPoint\TrackIR 5\Settings.xml

and change the following values:

<WindowTop>100</WindowTop>
<WindowLeft>100</WindowLeft>

This would bring the window back to the main monitor when the app is started, preventing the crash.

I have been able to reproduce this issue 100% of the time. Here are my specs:

Code: Select all

Processor	AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor               3.70 GHz
Installed RAM	64.0 GB
System type	64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Edition	Windows 10 Home
Version	22H2
Installed on	‎2021-‎05-‎14
OS build	19045.3570
Experience	Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19052.1000.0
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080
Driver: 537.42
TrackIR version 5.4.2.27545
TrackIR4 #79762
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: TrackIR will not start, crashes on startup.

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello Neo,

Thank you for contacting TrackIR Support.  This situation often happens when opening the TrackIR software on one display, moving it to a different display, and closing it while it is on the second display.  It happens more frequently when the displays have different resolutions.  At this time, the best solution is to make sure the display is opening on the screen you want it to and to not move it between displays.  There are a few settings that can keep the software from being in the way, including allowing it to minimize to the system tray, allowing to to minimize automatically when the game starts or running the software minimized on startup.

I will make sure our developers are aware of this issue to see if they can provide a fix in a future update.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative