New Track IR 5 - wonky

spooky190!

New Track IR 5 - wonky

Post by spooky190! »

Hello! I have long been a user of Track IR 4 and loved it. I thought I would move up to 5 and give my 4 to a friend. I found Track IR 4 very easy to set-up - almost plug and play - and had good success with it. I have the same computer, same office, some light sources, every thing in the environment similar. I hooked up the Track IR 5 and for about two minutes was very impressed. Then it went wonky and I have not been able to get it to work properly. I have attached a couple of videos. One shows the display before I started the game. The other shows what flying with the track IR 5 looks like for me (It snaps to the side and I cannot look the other direction). I use a track clip. The only difference I see in my old tack clip and this new one is that the sensors on the bill of the cap are more curved. I am not tech savvy (I am old) so please be patient with me. Thank you! I love your product! : )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NBVz38 ... ossorhinus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6RVxMN ... ossorhinus

PS. I have deleted program and reinstalled several times with no success.
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: New Track IR 5 - wonky

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hi spooky190!

Thank you for sharing those videos - they were very helpful. I noticed, as you did, that there is an extra red dot being detected by the camera. Any extra reflections or IR light sources can cause interference. I am wondering if you are using a hat that has something shiny or reflective on it, as the red dot seems to be fixed directly in the middle of the cap. Some of our older caps, such as those used with TrackIR 3 and those used with SmartNav, have a reflector built in to the cap which can cause interference with tracking. If you have one of those older caps, I would recommend either covering the built in reflector with an opaque, non reflective tape (e.g. masking tape) to prevent the interference, or use a different hat altogether. The hat clip should fit on most caps.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative
spooky190!

Re: New Track IR 5 - wonky

Post by spooky190! »

Thank you so much Julian! You nailed it - I was using an original Natural Point baseball cap. I swapped it out for a generic cap and it is working like a charm now! I am extremely grateful and ready to enjoy flight simming again thanks to your help!

Forever grateful,

Scott