Requesting a Track IR Clip Pro that is Wireless

Durazell

Requesting a Track IR Clip Pro that is Wireless

Post by Durazell »

Greetings,

Track IR 5 has been a godsend to say the least. The product and software have been amazing for myself and surely most people. The one and only
thing that really makes me wonder is this. In an age of Wireless, why are we still attached with wires?

Just watched a video of a guy make his Pro clip wireless. Yes, it still has wires. Only on the headset itself though. Why has Track IR not come out with a wireless version of the Pro Clip? I would most assuredly buy one. This is one big reason why people are going with competitor products that are wireless. Such as eye tracking. I personally do not like eye tracking. As I have reflective prescription glasses.

Can you tell us, if you are considering or designing a wireless Track IR Pro clip that may be coming out soon? If not, I will then have to go the route of making my own. Which, I am not keen on doing. I just feel that having a wireless headset and then having this suddenly become wired is pointless. As do many others.

I do wish to thank you all for having an amazing product, that I am very happy with. Just for the love of everything sacred. Let us be FREE and go wireless.

Please be safe and have a great day.
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Requesting a Track IR Clip Pro that is Wireless

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello Durazell,

We are committed to making TrackIR the best product it can be. We appreciate your suggestion to make a wireless version of the TrackClip Pro. I will pass along this suggestion to our development team. In the meantime, please note that you can connect the TrackClip Pro to any USB power source, including portable USB chargers and power banks. This can allow you to use your existing TrackClip Pro while still remaining untethered from your computer.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative