face marker jitters

farstar

face marker jitters

Post by farstar »

Today when I did facial capture I was having an issue of a few face markers jittering slightly. Not all of markers were jittered only two in the left corner mouth area and center lower lip area. I tried every thing to get rid of it. I did camera recalibration. I did new face templates but nothing worked. In the past I have not had this kind of issue when doing face capture. What could of caused this production stopping jittering face markers issues?
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: face marker jitters

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Could you send a .pt2 of the recorded data to support@naturalpoint.com and refer to this post? I'll take a look at it as soon as it comes in for you.
JRCompton2011

Post by JRCompton2011 »

I've been having that issue as well, but for me the entire face jitters. I've re calibrated at least six times but the points on the face go haywire no matter what.
DonBurroni

Post by DonBurroni »

try lower the residual in the tracking tab (sometimes its up high) to something low like 3.
make sure your cameras are Not in strobe mode too, you want them set to continuous.

cam processing to precision greyscale,

then play with the sliders

Threshold 220, exposure 15, intensity 11, work for us

hope that help ya
farstar

Post by farstar »

DonBurroni,
Thank you for the response with some suggestions on what to do. I check things out and I was infact set to strobed. I was not abel to find what you were talking about in the tracking tab the "residual" In the tracking tab I have I do see rigidness were I could make a ajustment. I will give your new setting suggestions a go on monday. I will let you know how things turned out.
Jack
farstar

Post by farstar »

Mike I just sent you the data you asked for. Looking forward to response.
Jack
DonBurroni

Post by DonBurroni »

Maybe the residual is on 'point cloud tracking' tab sorry about that, I don't have the software in-front of me.

if u have the residual value is too high, (or a bad calibration) then rays for adjacent markers can get grouped together incorrectly resulting jitter.

you can set it in the calibration menu too.
farstar

Post by farstar »

donburroni,
Yes I see it now in the point cloud area. Currently I am set at the default setting V2 the option to make adjustments is unchecked. Does any one know what the differents is in V1 and V2 settings?
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

The point cloud engine was completely rebuilt from the ground up before the release of 1.7.2. It's not necessarily that v2 is better in any particular measurable way, however it's built on the experience that our developers have gained in point cloud solving. It should probably be used over v1.
farstar

Post by farstar »

I got the jitters to go away and things are looking real solid. Thank you for all the help on this you guys. going off the suggested settings you have recommended did the tirck perfectly. Ahh back in action.
Jack