Additional Shutter Glasses Synchronization

Coffstah

Additional Shutter Glasses Synchronization

Post by Coffstah »

Hello, our lab makes heavy use of the shutter glasses sync feature of the optihub as we use the TrackingTools software to provide head tracking for virtual reality. We used to use the NuVision AGP glasses but they've recently stopped making these. We've switched over the XPAND shutter glasses (http://www.xpand.me/). They actually use the same IR emitter as the old NuVision glasses, however they have to be re-encrypted, so I am assuming the signal has changed somewhat. I am curious if there is any future interest in expanding the selection of supported glasses that are able to be synced to include the XPAND line. If not I would like to request it.

I should note, it actually seems like its very close to working even when another model of glasses is selected. The glasses do sync with relatively little flicker, the main issue is it sometimes confuses the eyes swap as the glasses lose and gain their signal. Maybe there is some minor way we can get around this with different settings, is there anything in how the TrackingTools software syncs with the glasses that may be causing this?

Thanks!