fsx and trackir 5

hbazarte

fsx and trackir 5

Post by hbazarte »

I'm brand new... I'm trying to work with FSX for the first time and my view is too close to the instrumentation panel/ How can I ratchet my view backwards?
jolsonsalem

Re: fsx and trackir 5

Post by jolsonsalem »

You can use Backspace and the - (minus) key to pull the view back some. Some virtual cockpits may have to be edited manually to adjust the view point though.
hbazarte

Post by hbazarte »

How does one manually "edit" the VIRTUAL COCKPIT?
hbazarte

Post by hbazarte »

Under ADVANCED SETTINGS... the TITLES tab... I inadvertently changed the PROFILE for "Flight Simulator X" from "Default" to "One:One".. and now I cannot change it back to "Default." What is the difference between these two settings? How do I change it back should I opt to do so?
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=HANK51]How does one manually "edit" the VIRTUAL COCKPIT? [/quote]
Jeff's referring to the fsx.cfg file, which controls (along with a host of other things) the position of various in-game "cameras." Editing it with Notepad gives you the ability to control where these cameras are positioned. Included in this is the ability to edit the default camera position for various aircraft.

Editing the fsx.cfg file doesn't have anything to do with the TrackIR software, but it can impact how the TrackIR will control your view. For tips on how to edit this file to change the default camera location, I would recommend asking around a flight sim forum like Avsim, simFlight, or maybe Sim HQ.

[quote=HANK51]Under ADVANCED SETTINGS... the TITLES tab... I inadvertently changed the PROFILE for "Flight Simulator X" from "Default" to "One:One".. and now I cannot change it back to "Default." What is the difference between these two settings? How do I change it back should I opt to do so? [/quote]
The One:One profile has no motion scaling, meaning your head movements will be translated 1:1 to your in-game view. This is more for testing purposes, as scaled view control is generally necessary to look around the whole of your cockpit.

To change it back, go to Advanced Settings, Profiles tab, Profile dropdown menu. Select Default. It should automatically preserve that as your new profile.

If you've mapped the One:One profile to FSX, so it autoloads that profile when you start that game, go to Adavanced Settings, Titles tab, and then scroll down to Flight Simulator X. Click on the cell next to it, in the Profile column. Select Default as the profile associated with that title. Done. :)
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Darto501

Post by Darto501 »

If you are in an FSX plane and the dashboard is too far away you can pause TrackIR and then move your eyepoint closer by keyboard keys: CTL BKSPC (CONTROL key + BACKSPACE key).

Now you can use the POV hat on your stick or yoke to pan from there. To unpan and get pack to the spot, use the FSX pan reset keys: SHF KBDEL (SHIFT + KEYBOARD 'DELETE').

HERE ARE THE FSX EYEPOINT KEYS:

Pan_Reset (will NOT reset Eyepoint) SHF KPDEL

EyePoint_(back) CTL ENT

EyePoint_(down) SHF BKSPC

EyePoint_(forward) CTL BKSPC

EyePoint_(left) CTL SHF BKSPC

EyePoint_(right) CTL SHF ENT

EyePoint_(up) SHF ENT

ZoomIn =

ZoomOut -

EyePoint-&-Pan_Reset (at same time) CTL SPC

ZoomReset BKSPC

Once you fiddle and find your favorite spot, then unpause TrackIR and it will take it from there. When you then use the TrackIR reset it will go back to this favorite spot.

Darto501 !!!!
hbazarte

Post by hbazarte »

Thank You very Mich. The info was very helpful
Darto501

Post by Darto501 »

The best way for me is to zoom in or zoom back slowly.

shift and =
shift and -

For CH Control Manager (if you have a CH stick and you use Control Manager instead of FSUIPC) I use NULL SHF = and NULL SHF - to slow down the zoom even more than the keyboard allows.
Darto501

Post by Darto501 »

I was new to TrackIR (less than a week), so my solutions were not exactly correct. So here is the correct solution (provided by mawibo on Avsim).

Windows 7 path to cameras.cfg =

C:\Users\default.default-PC\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

Windows path to aircraft.cfg (for the A2A PiperJ3 plane for example):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_PiperJ3\panel

position coordinates
x = horizontal
y = vertical
z = distance foward and back
P = pitch
b = bank
h = heading

quote:

1 You can leave the cameras.cfg file as is and copy the [CameraDefinition.002] section (the virtual cockpit view) from the cameras.cfg file to your aircraft.cfg file, then:

2 change the number of the section to one higher than the ones already present in the aircraft.cfg file

3 change the title to something like 'my virtual cockpit'
go to http://www.guidgenerator.com/, generate a GUID there and insert that into the 'guid=' key within the CameraDefinition section

4 change InitialXyz and InitialPbh to your liking

unquote

Takes about 1 minute with a bit of practice on a few planes...

[CameraDefinition.003]
Title = "Instruments"
InitialXyz=0.0, -0.02, 0.65
InitialPbh=16, 0, 0 Image

[CameraDefinition.005]
Title = MY VIRTUAL COCKPIT
InitialXyz=0.0, 0.18, 0.25
InitialPbh=16, 0, 0

Image Image