F7 key stopped working due to software issue

ThundercatMan

F7 key stopped working due to software issue

Post by ThundercatMan »

Hi gents I've had the Trackir 5 for a couple of weeks and it's really good however something I think should be warned about is when in settings you tick startup in initial startup of windows as I've had an absolute mare of a time not knowing why my F7 key had stopped working.

I thought it was my keyboard then the OS etc and finally found it was the software running in the background! It automatically by default locks out the F7 key!

Maybe the settings box for startup should have a warning on it once you tick this regarding the loss of the F7 key as it's been really hard work trying to find a solution online as there was nothing mentioned anywhere regarding this.

TcM
MikeWitham

Re: F7 key stopped working due to software issue

Post by MikeWitham »

Hello ThundercatMan,

The F7 key is by default the "precision" hotkey in the TrackIR software, and it is by default trapped. The hotkey settings are easily changeable in the software. The best way to solve your current issue with F7 I would suggest reading section 5 of the TrackIR manual. Specifically section 5.8, which directly deals with advanced settings.

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/sup ... index.html

Best regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager