TrackIR 5 Device not detected

faxer

TrackIR 5 Device not detected

Post by faxer »

Whenever I connect the camera the device is not detected. The Device Manager shows the device as not recognized. I tried installing the device as described in the Manual by manually deleting folders and clearing the registry to no avail. I tested the Device on a different Computer and it worked fine.
MikeWitham

Re: TrackIR 5 Device not detected

Post by MikeWitham »

faxer,

Are you able to point the device to the correct drivers? Would you please list the specs of your computer for me? Does it give you an error code on the driver in device manager?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
faxer

Post by faxer »

Windows 7

Mainboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LX2, Sockel 1155, ATX, DDR3
Processor: Intel Core i5-3550 Box, LGA1155
Video: EVGA GeForce GTX 760
Ram: 8GB-Kit Corsair Vengeance PC3

"The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element."
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

faxer,

I don't see anything hardware wise that would be causing the issue. Thank you for the quick reply. The error code is saying that the device drivers are not installed at all. Will you please do this for me?

1. Go into the device manager
2. Right-click on the unknown device
3. Select Update Driver Software
4. Choose browse my computer for driver software
5. Browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\USB Drivers x64\npusbio_x64 (default install location)
6. Hit next.

Did that correct the problem? If not, what did the next prompt say? Was the npusbio_x64 driver in the correct location?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
faxer

Post by faxer »

Hello,

no, the npusbio_x64 driver is not in the correct location and USB Drivers x64 neither.
Jiggs_Casey

Post by Jiggs_Casey »

Mike, just wanted to let you know that I was having the exact same problem, which is why I registered on the forum. Your answer fixed the problem!

Thank YOU!!
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

faxer,

Will you please create a ticket with me at help.naturalpoint.com? I would like to explore some options for us to find out why the drivers aren't installing in the right place, if they are installing at all.

Jiggs_Casey,

Glad that this helped you.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
faxer

Post by faxer »

Thank you for your help. Now it works perfectly (:
Lee66

Post by Lee66 »

I just bought the TrackIR 5 but I'm getting the same issue. All I need is the drivers in a ZIP file to point my Windows 7 pro too? I have too many restrictions to allow people access to my desktop so can you please explain what you did to help this guy out, cheers.
inf-changer

Post by inf-changer »

Lee666, if this is still an issue:

I had the same problem, turns out the INF file supplied within the driver is missing the appropriate hardware ID.
In the Device Manager my TrackIR5 shows the hardware ID as VID_131D&PID_0159, but looking into the INF file (C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\USB Drivers x64\npusbio_x64\npusbio_x64.inf) with a text editor, there are only references to e.g. VID_131D_PID_0157 and VID_131D_PID_0158, but none for VID_131D_PID_0159.

So I just duplicated two lines in the INF and changed the numbers accordingly from 0158 to 0159.
One line in section [_Models.ntamd64]
%VID_131D_PID_0159_S_DeviceDesc%=_Install, USB\Vid_131d&Pid_0159

and the other one in section [Strings]
VID_131D_PID_0159_S_DeviceDesc = "TrackIR 5"

Saving the changed file in the original location requires admin priviledges, you may instead want to copy the npusbio_x64 folder to your desktop, make the changes to the INF file there and then point the manual driver update to that new location.

Good luck!