Live Stream Rigid Body to MoBu / Maya

Post by bJohnny »

Dear all,

Software used:
Motive Body 1.9.0 64-bit
Motionbuilder 16 SP1
Maya 2016
Optitrack Motionbuilder Plugin (Skeleton, Optical, VCS Insight) latest versions

I'm desperately trying to stream rigid bodies from Motive: Body to Motionbuilder (and possibly Maya). I need to move simple constrained objects in a scene in real-time, that eventually interact with actors. The Optitrack Skeleton plugin inside Motionbuilder works like a charm with skeletons. Howerver, if I use the Optitrack Optical I don't receive the rigid body's marker data in real-time - it only works with recorded data.
Server and client are on the same machine. Type is multicast and the interface is local loopback.

My streaming pane :

I don't see what I am doing wrong. If someone pointed me in the right direction, i.e. list the most important steps, I appreciate it a lot. If you can let me know how to solve this in Maya additionally, you are my hero.

Have a nice day and many thanks in advance.
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Live Stream Rigid Body to MoBu / Maya

Post by steven.andrews »

Hello bjohnny,

Thank you for reaching out to the community regarding your struggle.

We just tested streaming, realtime, from Motive 1.10 to MotionBuilder 2016. Everything seems to be working correctly, as all marker data is coming through while live.

Unfortunately, it looks like your image did not come through correctly, so I cannot see the settings that are in use. Are you seeing marker data, but not rigid body markers? You may want to verify that Markers and Rigid Bodies are both set to True in the streaming Pane.

Motive 1.8 is, also, a few versions old. It may not be working entirely correctly with the latest MotionBuilder plugin. If you are able, you can try running the current version of Motive so we can be sure this is not due to an old issue that may have existed.

Best regards,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer