Crosshair not aligned with TrackIR

9./JG54_Kirin

Crosshair not aligned with TrackIR

Post by 9./JG54_Kirin »

Greetings aces,

I've just re-discovered CFS3. And I have to say with all the community made add-ons it's a sim worth flying.

TrackIR 3 & vector expansion works beautifully with it. Just one annoying problem. The crosshair seems to be painted to the windscreen. So unlike in AH2 for example it is NOT possible shooting without beeing perfectly centered which renders TrackIR practically useless.

In the no-cockpit mode with the black crosshair it works flawlessly. So anyone have a suggestion how I can modify the crosshair to work along with TrackIR in cockpit-mode?
BM357_TinMan

Re: Crosshair not aligned with TrackIR

Post by BM357_TinMan »

rgr this,

MAkes it extremely difficult to aim.

Another thing that REALLY reduces the usability of Vector is the fact that the doesn't translate with the ingame head . When look anywhere but about 60 degrees right or left from center, the vector actually becomes a hinderence

I hope that they fix this soon
9./JG54_Kirin

Post by 9./JG54_Kirin »

Besides the aiming problem and the reversed lateral translation when looking back I have to complaints about Vector expansion usability in CFS3. The latter problem is known and about to be solved.

But no word on the crosshair thingy...
BM357_TinMan

Post by BM357_TinMan »

crosshair thingy is M$'s problem

I suspect that the 3rd party guys will have to see if this can be fixed when they build their 3d cockpits.

Not sure if the engine would allow for the "floating" type of crosshairs like in FB though. And if the guys that put the time in to build the 3rd party add-ons don't d/f much and don't use vector, I doubt that they'd have much interest in solving it

I would try but I lack the knowledge and time so I guess I'll just have to deal
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

Bad news that the basic problem is MS, but I can't say I'm surprised. I really hope there is an effort by Naturalpoint to communicate regarding this issue with the 3rd party folks. They appear to be our best hope for a fix.

sinbad

[ January 08, 2005, 08:40 AM: Message edited by: sinbad ]
DickDastardly

Post by DickDastardly »

Hi all,
I posted a suggestion in the vector feature requests forum which could solve the crosshair problem you raised. If you guys have any comments the thread is here.
Cheers,
DickDastardly
trap

Post by trap »

I was surprised that no flyer mention "precision" I toggle it on and then off. I have the following programed. Left is pause (turn it off) down is center ( I look up then hit the center button,so I can see the throttle and prop controls), and left is precision, that keeps the sight centered, when in combat.
Bud
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Good Tip.