RSI Information

Here you can talk about SmartNav and related products and issues not covered by other forums.
mroth

RSI Information

Post by mroth »

The Naturalpoint website contains a section with information on Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. There is however a more generic and widespread problem with computer work, Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI), for which SmartNav is ideal to help with existing problems or prevent developing RSI. See e.g. the excellent book "It's not Carpal Tunnel Syndrome!", http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... 81-4157649. You should include some information on RSI on your website.

In my case (software engineer), I'm typing frequently, but not constantly. It seems a lot of my strain was caused by repeatedly moving the right hand from keyboard to mouse and back. SmartNav allows me to keep my hands on the keyboard or relax while I'm using the NauralPoint mouse. I keep using a regular mouse for the occational "precision work" (pixel-accurate control is possible with SmartNav but I find it a lot slower than with a regualr mouse).
kevin

Re: RSI Information

Post by kevin »

Hello Martin,

Thank you very much for the feedback, you have provided some very useful information.

I will work on getting some RSI and SmartNAV information posted as soon as possible. We started with a general faq mostly as a learning exercise for us though now realize it barely scrapes the surface.

If you have any thoughts on specific content or what should be addressed in an RSI faq please let me know (kevin@naturalpoint.com)

Thanks Again,
Kevin