TrackIr Glitching When Looking Forward

BrBaden

TrackIr Glitching When Looking Forward

Post by BrBaden »

Hi Guys

I have been having ongoing issues with Track IR glitching when looking forward, this manifests itself most when flying formation in the slot position. The video below shows exactly what is happening and also that when looking in other directions no glitching happens. Note this can happen at any time o day and there are no strong light sources affecting performance.

Very interested to see if others have seen this happening and what solutions there might be apart from changing to the tobii head/eye tracker system.

Many thanks

https://youtu.be/xaJGxUzEYp4
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: TrackIr Glitching When Looking Forward

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello BrBaden,

Are you able to monitor the Camera view in the TrackIR software to see if there are any unexpected IR light sources that show up in addition to the expected three dots? For example, if there is a fourth red dot or blob that appears intermittently, there could be a blinking LED or some other periodic source somewhere nearby that is causing the brief interference.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative
BrBaden

Post by BrBaden »

Hi Jillian thanks for your response. I can confirm that I see no unexpected light sources and this issue happens mainly when fling in close formation and for some even stranger reason affects the F/A 18 Hornet module in DCS most although it happens to a lesser degree in other DCS modules and MSFS occasionally.
Many thanks
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello BrBaden,

I haven't seen this particular issue, but I'm happy to suggest some troubleshooting we can do. First, have you confirmed that this is only happening when TrackIR is active? Does it ever happy if you pause the TrackIR and use a different peripheral to control your movement?

Are you using the TrackClip or the TrackClip Pro? You may want to try adjusting the Light Filter Threshold setting on the Camera tab.

Do you ever have this issue happen if you use a different profile, such as one of the default profiles?

Can you try setting a small dead zone in the middle of the graph? See pages 15-16 in the user manual for guidance on changing the motion curve: https://d1rhoi6onixddn.cloudfront.net/d ... Manual.pdf

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative