TrackIR 5 not recognizing ATS

TugBoatENT

TrackIR 5 not recognizing ATS

Post by TugBoatENT »

I have reinstalled and verified game list is updated, I have also deleted %appdata% folder and program file folder after uninstalling. I have also uninstalled, moved and reinstalled American Truck Simulator.

Ran both game and TrackIR in administrator.

TrackIR recognizes other games and works fine, Arma 3, DCS, MSFS2020. (green light on right side luminates)

TrackIR doesn't recognize ATS (green light on right side is NOT luminated)

TrackIR : 5.4.2.27545
ATS : 1.47

Im running out of ideas hear... THANKS.
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: TrackIR 5 not recognizing ATS

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello TugBoatENT,

American Truck Simulator should be supported and it should show up in the Games List under "American Truck Simulator." If it does not, please close the TrackIR software and relaunch it as an Administrator. Make sure your computer is connected to the Internet and Check for Game Updates again. You may need to restart the TrackIR software after updating the Games List.

Let me know if the problem persists.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative
TugBoatENT

Post by TugBoatENT »

Thanks for the reply.

It does show in the game list, this is what is confusing me.

I have restated and shutdown my computer multiple times. I am also connected to the internet.

I have found a solution as-well.. It appears American Truck Simulator has a single line in the config.cfg file that says " uset g_trackir "0" ", I simply changed the 0 to a 1 like so "uset g_trackir "1". Saved file started game, TrackIR activated.

Not sure why this is set to 0, and there is no option to change in game. Either way, I have noticed this is an issue with other users on other forums and figure I would share my solution.
Last edited by TugBoatENT on Fri May 19, 2023 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello TugBoatENT,

Each game developer implements TrackIR a little differently, and I'm glad you were able to find the configuration file and activate TrackIR in American Truck Simulator. I appreciate your sharing the solution here for anyone else who may be struggling with that simulator.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative