TrackIR5 software stopped working. (0xc000007b)

laugust5

TrackIR5 software stopped working. (0xc000007b)

Post by laugust5 »

I've had TrackIR 5 software installed on my windows 10 Desktop PC for many years with no issues.

A few days ago, I tried to launch the software and got the following error. (Screenshot attached)

TrackIR5.exe - Application Error
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)
Click OK to close the application.

This seems to be an error that others have experienced. So, I've attempted the following previously suggested tips:
Running my PC as Administrator. No help
Uninstalled & Reinstalled TrackIR 5.4.2 numerous times. No help.
Uninstalled & reinstalled Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013. (Both the x64 and x86 files) No help.
Ran compatibility mode test, etc. No help.

I also reviewed the Windows update history and the last update was installed several weeks prior to experiencing this issue with TrackIR software.

I'm going to try to install TrackIR5 on my laptop & see if the problem occurs on that machine.

I'll be making a help ticket with Natural Point & see if I get anything from there.

If anyone out there has some additional information or guidance to offer I'd be grateful.

Laen
andsul6

Re: TrackIR5 software stopped working. (0xc000007b)

Post by andsul6 »

I am having the same problem. Did you ever find a fix? Thanks.
KSosz07

Post by KSosz07 »

I'm experiencing this issue, I haven't found a solution online, I have tried the recommended fixes. Anybody know?
I'll open a support ticket too.
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hi KSosz07,

The most commonly successful solution for most customers has been to reset or reinstall Windows. The issue is with a corrupted or missing Windows file, but it has been very challenging to identify which one is causing the error. We typically recommend reinstalling C++ Redistributables (both the x64 and x86 versions of this one: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=40784) first, but if that doesn't work, a reset or reinstall of Windows typically resolves the problem.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative